hard To turn knobs.

Toecat

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 1, 2019
Mansfield Ohio
My next question as “new” used bx 2370 owner is about the cutting height control dial and the 3 pt hitch lowering speed control knobs. Should I be eating my spinach before trying to move these knobs? I have to get off the tractor and use all my strength to turn the height knob. The lowering speed knob doesn’t budge. I tried spraying WD-40 on both but has not made any difference

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
both should be easy to turn, previous owner must not have used either much. the lowering speed knob is easier when there is no load on 3pt, lower all the way down, try to turn.

the mmm hight adjuster can be lubed from bottom of tractor, grease the indent the spring rides on.

I use both adjustments regularly, both turn easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Raise your mower deck to the top most position and then adjust your cutting height and see if that helps.

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
And the cutting height knob only turns in one direction. Counter intuitive as all get out. I think it is clockwise but not near my BX at the moment so I might be wrong. The manual conveniently does not mention anything about operation, just location and function.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
On the 3 point flow control knob, lack of use causes the needle valve in the lift block to become hard to turn. I sugest pulling the valve from the block and lubricating the threads with some penetrating oil and if it has a universal (like mine does) coat the universal with chassis grease.

Lack of use causes it to become hard to turn.

Toecat

Equipment
BX23s
Jun 1, 2019
Mansfield Ohio
On the 3 point flow control knob, lack of use causes the needle valve in the lift block to become hard to turn. I sugest pulling the valve from the block and lubricating the threads with some penetrating oil and if it has a universal (like mine does) coat the universal with chassis grease.

Lack of use causes it to become hard to turn.
Is this something the shop manual would explain? Haven’t gotten one yet but planning to

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Don't know. I looked at my WSM for my 2 and it don't.

jdt81

Equipment
Bx2670, FEL, MMM, Woods rotary
Apr 26, 2018
Landenberg, PA
The height and the lowering speed knob were stuck on my Bx2670 I just got. Once I got them moving they work fine now, but as mentioned the deck has to be in the fully raised position for the height knob. In fact, iirc, you need to continue to raise the deck until the 3PH is all the way up and you hear a clunk. Then it turns easily. Otherwise, mine won't budge.

Hope you are loving you Bx as much as i'm loving mine. I'm starting to run out of projects to do. I'll have to invent some.

Last edited:

hockeystewey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 BX1880 w FEL, 54"MMM, 2019 BX2816 50 " snowblower
Dec 12, 2017
NY
I found that I have to make sure the RPM's are up a touch when I raise the deck and 3pt to turn the knobs....otherwise they are harder to turn.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
I got my deck height adjustment knob moving, but the other (flow?) one absolutely refuses. I think it was probably never touched before and I'm afraid to break it.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I got my deck height adjustment knob moving, but the other (flow?) one absolutely refuses. I think it was probably never touched before and I'm afraid to break it.
Soak it with PB Blaster and try again in a couple hours. You can also disassemble from beneath if necessary. They are known to seize up. Paul Short (search youtube) recommends turning the flow valve back and forth every time you get on the tractor as preventative maintenance to keep it from seizing.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Soak it with PB Blaster and try again in a couple hours. You can also disassemble from beneath if necessary. They are known to seize up. Paul Short (search youtube) recommends turning the flow valve back and forth every time you get on the tractor as preventative maintenance to keep it from seizing.

This stuck knob comes up periodically, and it supersizes me because I find I to adjust them routinely, because of changing weight on the 3pt, or locking the deck in top to use the 3pt for something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk