Box Blade Land Pride v King Kutter

B RAD

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560HST
Apr 2, 2019
Iowa
Does anyone know if there is $500 difference between the Land Pride BB2572 and the King Kutter BB 72. I will be using a L3560 to do landscape work on a couple of acres as well as maintaining a new 125 yard driveway. Down the road I may want to make trails through the woods but that is a ways down the road. No pun intended.

Maybe a better way to ask is there a difference that I will need for my use. Brad

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
One of them is orange and has a higher retail price.

B RAD

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560HST
Apr 2, 2019
Iowa
Re: Box Blade Land Pride v King Kutter + Bush Hog

I have never owened a box blade so I am learning on the fly.

I looked into the middle (SBX) and higher end (MBX) Bush Hog. The SDX comes in a 76” width. I think that would be perfect for my 70 1/2” wide tires. My thought is the 72” width is too narrow.

My hope is that my 35 HP will be enough for the 76” wide box blade and that the SBX will hold up to 35 HP that it is rated for.

Opinions?

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
I have a king Kutter 60” BB. I have never owned another brand to compare but this one is made well and does all I need it to do. You do need to size it to your tractor. You need enough power to operate it correctly. I wanted a 72” to cover more surface but for my tractor (ford 1720) the 60” is the best size. I am not familiar with your tractor. Call your dealer and find out what width is recommenced for your tractor.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
With a box blade there are some differences besides bracing. The top link mount on the LP is stouter but more importantly, the ripper shanks have replaceable poibts, whereas the KK and the RK don't and the way the shanks adjust in their mounting rail is better on the LP than the others. A big thing for me. Hard to adjust and sloppy mount rippers can be an issuie as well as non-replaceable points.

Having said all that I HAD a KK and sold it a couple months ago.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Which model of KK are you looking at? Their "Professional" line is pretty beefy. I've had a 60", and now a 72". And yes, "most importantly", the teeth ARE replaceable on the King Kutter scarifiers, so no worries there. They are on sale now, if you have a Farm and Fleet near you.
https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/g--1546-king-kutter-box-blade.html

Rural Kings line of red implements, at least around here, is made by King Kutter, for RK. they literally say 'made by King Kutter' on them. It's like a sea of red implements at my local Rural King.

There are more robust units available, but you will pay for them.
If you are okay with spending a couple (EDIT: $300-$400 more) hundred more than the King Kutter but not as much as the Land Pride, and getting something that's built to the hilt with features and thick steel. Check out...
https://www.everythingattachments.com/Tractor-Box-Blades-Box-Scraper-Grader-Box-s/85.htm
You might be in their "free shipping" area (PS, it's not really free).

Last edited:

B RAD

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560HST
Apr 2, 2019
Iowa
@ SRG. I was looking at the King Kutter BB-72-YK that you had the link to. I can drive 2 hours and have it today. I was just worried about only having 3/4" clearance on either side of my tire width. Maybe that is enough.

I really like the EA products but I just cant wait 2 months. I have to do finish grading on the yard and get grass growing to keep the wife happy. We are both tired of mud. (New construction). I do think I will order the EA grapple and wait for that. :D

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
@ SRG. I was looking at the King Kutter BB-72-YK that you had the link to. I can drive 2 hours and have it today. I was just worried about only having 3/4" clearance on either side of my tire width. Maybe that is enough.
You don't need much more than your track width. My machine is slightly 'smaller' than yours, and only reason I went with the 72" was because I have R1's, and can widen my track to just under 72". I think you'll be happy with that model. For the money, I can't see anything new, that is better.

If you have a quick hitch, you might need to modify the BB or QH some for it to work. I had a QH from RK, basically Harbor Freight model, when I had the 60" BB, and had to shave some of the top mount for it to work with the QH.

B RAD

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560HST
Apr 2, 2019
Iowa
SRG & AllDodge - I looked all over for used but had no luck. I ended up getting the 72" King Kutter on sale at Farm & Fleet for $699.00 . I could justify spending almost double for the LP. Plus I wanted it for the weekend so I could get my work done before the rain today.

I did a lot of work with it over the weekend. I was impressed with it. I would love to have hydraulic ripper shanks but for $3K difference I'll take a few minutes and change them by hand. I wont be doing this every day?

The width seems fine. I even dug out a waterway (with the ripper shanks and front blade) to a drain along the drive that silted in and used that dirt to build a berm (using the back blade) to keep water from running over the drive.

Thanks again to everyone for all the input.

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky
Good to here its working for you

Side note and just learned something new today, many of you know this I'm sure.

Been looking around my self for a Disc and Box attachments and have been seeing HP ratings. When an attachment is connected to the PTO this is the minimum HP needed to use it. If its not attached to the PTO this is the maximum HP that should be attached to it

Was looking at a Bush Hog 2D96 which max list as 65HP. So if I hooked it up to my 95HP tractor I could damage it. So now looking at the 3D96 list 40 to 100HP. Assuming the 40 is min because of weight at 1248 lb

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Cool. They are pretty good for the price.
For the most part King Kutter stuff is decent, there biggest complaint you'll read about, is their paint is usually lack luster.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
According to Land Pride Implement guide, 84" to big for the L4060. They are showing the 72" the biggest.