B6200hst Ignition key position

Jerry70

Equipment
B2320
May 17, 2019
Gatesville Texas
Hi all,
Just rewired my B6200hst and Im new to owning it. I have a few questions about the ignition on it. I cant remember reading anything about the key position. I know that once I start it and its running, that I can move the key to the off position and it will keep running. But does the dynamo charge the battery with the key off? Plus Im sure that with the key off I wont have any Idiot lights working? or will they work? Just assuming because with the key off I have no fuel gauge. Should I keep the key on Accessory position when running the tractor? Thanks for any help you can give a new owner.

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi all,
Just rewired my B6200hst and Im new to owning it. I have a few questions about the ignition on it. I cant remember reading anything about the key position. I know that once I start it and its running, that I can move the key to the off position and it will keep running. But does the dynamo charge the battery with the key off? Plus Im sure that with the key off I wont have any Idiot lights working? or will they work? Just assuming because with the key off I have no fuel gauge. Should I keep the key on Accessory position when running the tractor? Thanks for any help you can give a new owner.
No it will not charge in the off position.
And yes no warning lights.
Keep the key in the run position when you're using it. ;)