B2650 - Check out my new LED lights

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
I just got my B2650 on Saturday and I have already done a few customization's. I started by installing the high output alternator as mentioned in another thread. I then moved on to installing six LED cube lights, two on the ROPS front facing, two on the ROPS rear facing and two on the backhoe.

Here are a few pict. I am especially pleased with how the backhoe lights turned out.

Here are a few close-up shots of my hoe light bracket. This was made out of a piece of aluminum bar.

Here's the quick connect wire going to the backhoe:

Last but not least, I installed all the relays (one per two light set) in a waterproof project box which I then mounted between the frame rails under the battery. Hopefully this spot is protected from the elements and I dont have any issues.

Last edited:

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
Slick. Plan on doing some nighttime backhoe work?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Well, yes. I don't exactly enjoy working after dark but when duty calls... For instance, I have a swimming pool to install soon and its been so wet that I am a month behind schedule. When (if) it dries out, I don't plan on stopping once I start digging.

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
I just went out and tried the new lights and they work great.

Driving forward:

From the side (front lights off to cut glare):

Backhoe Operation - straight on:

Backhoe Operation - bucket to the side:

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Nice. I like your BH mount solution. I might have to steal that. I've been trying to rig one up to a damned magnet. No go. You're onto something...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
Nice. I like your BH mount solution. I might have to steal that. I've been trying to rig one up to a damned magnet. No go. You're onto something...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Please do! I haven't seen anybody else do this so far, the idea just came to me last night in the shop.

Last edited:

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
I received a PM with a question about my backhoe bracket and I wanted to clarify something that's hard to see in the pictures. I did not open up the hydraulic lines when I installed that bracket. The bracket has two rounded slots cut into the bottom of it so that it slips over the fittings on the hydraulic lines.

Here's a quick whiteboard drawing of the shape of the bracket when you look straight on at the front of it:

If you look closely at the circle in this image, you will see the opening of the slot under the hydraulic line:

The fittings in question are "bulkhead" fittings that are meant to be passed through a hole such as that orange metal tab welded onto the backhoe boom. The bulkhead fittings also come with a nut to clamp down on the boom tab so that they stay secure. I simply loosened the nuts, slipped the bracket on and then tightened the nuts up again. Once i had the bracket fabricated, it only took about 90 seconds to install.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Really nice job there. I don't have a backhoe on my B3200 but some light down on the 3pt and more out front would be great. The factory headlights are pretty worthless if you need to actually do anything especially with the FEL on

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
get my LED's from Superbrightled.com I buy CREE SMD's only.

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
Really nice job there. I don't have a backhoe on my B3200 but some light down on the 3pt and more out front would be great. The factory headlights are pretty worthless if you need to actually do anything especially with the FEL on
Thanks! I may add another set on the FEL some day.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
One thing I learned pretty quickly and that is, there are LED's and then there are quality LED's

I only buy lights with CREE smd's.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Thanks for the tip Flip! I have not been enamored with LED driving lights. My 80/100 xenon Hella lamps on my Land Cruiser put out way more light than my Excursion with HID's and 4 x 3" rectangular LED lights.

I'm finding light bars with CREE SMD's made in America