Tire question on B6200 before purchase

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
I am looking at buying a 4X4 1990 B6200. My question is that it originally came with turf tires but the back tires have been replaced with Ag tires/rims - look like OEM Kubota replacements. The back turf tires and rims will come with the purchase. Should I be worried that something has been torn up with the tire replacement or do the Ag tires have the same ratio as the turf tires?

I am getting all of this from pictures so data is limited. 6 hour round trip so just covering basis before going to look. Thanks in advance.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am looking at buying a 4X4 1990 B6200. My question is that it originally came with turf tires but the back tires have been replaced with Ag tires/rims - look like OEM Kubota replacements. The back turf tires and rims will come with the purchase. Should I be worried that something has been torn up with the tire replacement or do the Ag tires have the same ratio as the turf tires?

I am getting all of this from pictures so data is limited. 6 hour round trip so just covering basis before going to look. Thanks in advance.
If they ran it in 4wd with the ag tires on the back and turf tires on the front, you could have issues with the front diff or drives, but not very likely, the ratio between the two is close.
I would just check it out thoroughly when buying it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks NIW - knew I could count on you for an answer - anyway to check or what should I be looking for on inspection?
Just listen for any odd noise or grinding in the front, if you can lift the tires off the ground, you can get for play or things not turning right.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Apparently stock the 4WD Kubotas have about 5% difference between front and rear drive, pulls them round the corners better (a bit of pull from the front). Not certain that's true, but I think I heard it on a Messicks video, so probably is. Given that, I doubt change in size of rear tires would change it enough to impact.