12 volt supply at rear for sprayer?

Duke

Equipment
2018 Kubota B2650 HDSC with FEL and 72â€￾ rear blade.
Jul 29, 2014
Metamora, MI
Anyone know of an easy way to tap into 12volt supply at rear of tractor?
I have a B2650 with a cab and would like to add a connection at rear of tractor to plug in my sprayer and then have it controlled inside the cab with an on/off switch.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Duke -- new BX and B's have an extra circuit for worklights, but I don't think that will suit your needs, and you might want to use it for worklights!;)

Try searching the OTT Forum for "sprayer". Several guys have done the same thing different ways.:)

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I'd like to add a weather proof 12v recpt. for the same reason.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
When I added my LED work lights I ran an extension out to the bottom of the ROPS. There I added a "Y" connector with two female connectors. One is connected to the LED work lights with an ON/OFF switch. The other is available to connect temporary 12v connections. I normally use the other connector to connect my sprayer too wich has its own ON/OFF switch. Have NOT blown the 10 amp fuse yet.

To seal the connectors, I had all female connectors turned down and used electrical tape just like Kubota did.

Last edited:

Duke

Equipment
2018 Kubota B2650 HDSC with FEL and 72â€￾ rear blade.
Jul 29, 2014
Metamora, MI
I thought of using the same circuit as the rear work lights which I have just installed LED’s on. Probably still could tie in a connector for a sprayer but would look weird with the lights coming on when spraying and off when not LOL.
I might just add another switch on the dash and run a new line to the back with a trailer plug for spraying or other auxiliary stuff.
Since I have a B2650, I have 2 plugged light locations on the dash that are for DPF regen lights or buttons on the 3350.
Maybe try and find a lit push on push off for the spray function?
I have a parking brake light to add as well since the brake switch is factory installed on the 2650 for safety circuit functions it’s just that Kubota weenied out and it doesn’t have the indicator light to the left of the LCD display like on the 3350. Seriously Kubota? We get the switch but not the light like the 3350?
What’s up with that? Oh well...... the journey continues.....
Now where did I put my spool of wire at???

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
On my previous L3410 I ran a 10ga switched and fused wire to the rear terminating in an Anderson connector.
My current spray setup is off the front with a Fimco wireless switch directly on the battery. The Fimco switch is 20a and very convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
On my B2410 I used the auxiliary ignition switched circuit provided in the taped wiring harness on the rear right side under the upper fender. I wired it through a toggle switch with an indicator led and terminated it with a female (hot pin) flat four trailer connection. I used the trailer tail light wires to supply power to whatever I want. I have a 15 gallon five points sprayer and most handy is... when I pull my tagged utility trailer on the road I can plug it in and have running lights. I have had zero issues and it has been there for several years.

bluefin650

Equipment
B2650, JD 35D
Feb 28, 2018
Southern Maine
I just saw in my manual that the have a 12v plug in the 2650 cab tractor. It is hanging under the cup holder in the back left corner if you are sitting in the seat. I believe it is rated for 120 watts. Wish the wire gauge was bigger.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Run a dedicated line for it, with an inline fuse and switch. If you use a 4 pin trailer connection, you can also use it to power trailer running lights etc...

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Since I have a B2650, I have 2 plugged light locations on the dash that are for DPF regen lights or buttons on the 3350.
Maybe try and find a lit push on push off for the spray function?
I have a parking brake light to add as well since the brake switch is factory installed on the 2650 for safety circuit functions it’s just that Kubota weenied out and it doesn’t have the indicator light to the left of the LCD display like on the 3350. Seriously Kubota? We get the switch but not the light like the 3350?
Can you explain this more. I was thinking that something was "missing", but I did not understand it. Switch is there, but no wiring to the bulb housing?

I guess overall, brake light would hardly ever be used since the brakes are rarely used.

It's labelled as a brake light switch, yet no light change. Bulb is a single filament, so no change can take place.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Run a dedicated line for it, with an inline fuse and switch. If you use a 4 pin trailer connection, you can also use it to power trailer running lights etc...
This is exactly what I did for my sprayer, except that I used a 2 pin connector. I wired directly from the battery to a switch in line and installed the switch on the left side of my dash. I went directly from the battery so that I could use the power without having the key on. That also lets me hook up a battery trickle charger if I wanted to.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
This is exactly what I did for my sprayer, except that I used a 2 pin connector. I wired directly from the battery to a switch in line and installed the switch on the left side of my dash. I went directly from the battery so that I could use the power without having the key on. That also lets me hook up a battery trickle charger if I wanted to.
Great idea for the trickle charger! I got my sprayer wired like yours off the battery and the two pin connector, I use mine often enough all year round I don’t need the charger but that’s a good way to do it. Same way I would charge my trolling motor batteries, had a plug for the trolling motor quick connect spliced into the trickle charger (was too cheap for the on board charger at the time)

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I'm glad that you found my suggestion helpful. You probably already know this but for the benefit of others I would like to add that if you ever do use that plug on a trickle charger, that the switch is turned on or the battery won't charge.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I just ran it to the bracket for the SMV it was Convenient and An out of the way spot.

Attachments

Last edited: