L2550D transmission fluid drain and fill

dat7

Equipment
Kubota L2550D
Jun 21, 2009
NE AL
Hello everyone and thanks for such a great forum! :)
I have had this tractor for many years with good luck and have just come up on 500 hrs. After noticing my tranny fluid was low I am now interested in a drain and fill. I have an Operator's Manual on the way, but need to know which drain plugs are for the transmission and lift. Also, I'd like to know of any other screens, etc. that might need attention at this time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have also noticed the coolant light is staying on, but the fluid is full to the neck. Is this indicative of some other situation that needs attention? Where would I look for the coolant sensor?
Thanks in advance for your help.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The coolant level light in your easy checker panel is sensing the level of coolant in the recovery bottle. If the level in that bottle is between the add and full marks and the light is on it is probably a faulty switch in the bottle.(I think the switch is in the cap)
There are 4 drain plugs in the l2550 (as there are on many Lseries tractors)
One on the bottom inside of each final drive, one on the bottom of the front wheel drive takeout box and one on the bottom center about under where your feet are when driving. If you had a GST model the one on the fwd takeout would have a magnet on it. Just change the oil and filter, no other screens that give trouble. You should also change the front axle oil if its a four wheel drive. ( if it's not four wheel drive it won't have a fwd takeout so that fourth plug is in the center bottom about under your bottom when you are in the seat.)
Ed

dat7

Equipment
Kubota L2550D
Jun 21, 2009
NE AL
Ed,
Thanks for the 411! Just the kind of helpful advice that makes this site so great.
My tractor seems to be just previous to the GST model, at least from all of the images I've been able to view, it looks that way. As close as I can figure it, this tractor is a L2550D 4wd with a "shuttle shift", 8 fwd and 7 reverse gears. Much obliged for the help! :)