Help my backside

cmykpro

Equipment
L2501
Jul 20, 2018
Akron
Howdy all,
Proud new owner of a L2501 here! I have 4 acres I'm building a house on that is heavily wooded and the new Kubota has been great, with one caveat...
Basically my land is very bumpy/rocky and the seat is killing my backside! :cool:

I'm new to tractors so I hope this isn't a noob question. I researched this topic quite a bit and the Michigan seats are supposed to be great but I can't find anything directly relating to the L2501. I need more cushion and suspension and could use some advice on what is compatible with my new rig. Thanks kindly!

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Howdy right back to ya, and welcome! from one noob to another, pay attention to this site. There are some geniuses at large here. Jim@MilkyWay

Sid Post

Equipment
Kubota L4600F and B2601
Oct 12, 2013
Texas, Oklahoma
I'm interested in your L2501 as I'm considering one myself with the geared transmission.

Regarding the seat, can't be much help there. As long as the seat bases are compatible, they should be an easy switch. However, the ones I'm familiar with are a lot bigger and bulkier with their suspension systems so, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fit on my L4600. If the seat base suspension is underneath your seat, you are apt to be too high up to reach things effectively as there is no space available underneath the current seat, at least on my L4600 with its hydraulics and three-point stuff.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
I have an MX5800. Not sure if the seats are the same, but mine has an adjustment to make the seat stiff or less stiff, as far as up and down shock travel. Depends on your weight, as to how you should adjust it. Anyway, look in the bottom rear for an adjustment handle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Which tires do you have and what air pressure are you running in them?