BX2660 Mower Rear Links Removal

lopinslo2

Equipment
BX2660, RCK60b23BX
Aug 22, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Trying to remove the RH Mower Rear link #K2581-44202. This part has triangular plates on both ends that need to pass through triangular holes on both sides of the frame. Problem is that one has to turn the arm straight up to get it to pass through the holes in the frame, but the floor plate and fender are i:mad:n the way. Looks like I have to remove a lot of parts to get this link out of the frame.

Am I correct or is there a sort cut to remove this part?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Trying to remove the RH Mower Rear link #K2581-44202. This part has triangular plates on both ends that need to pass through triangular holes on both sides of the frame. Problem is that one has to turn the arm straight up to get it to pass through the holes in the frame, but the floor plate and fender are i:mad:n the way. Looks like I have to remove a lot of parts to get this link out of the frame.

Am I correct or is there a sort cut to remove this part?

I know you have not posted many posts (need 5)- can you post a couple more and send us a picture? That would help quite a bit;)

Last edited:

lopinslo2

Equipment
BX2660, RCK60b23BX
Aug 22, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Will send pictures later. Not home now.
Reason for replacing the mower links is the lugs that attach the links to the front arms wore out to the point where they keep slipping off. When they slip off it drops the mower deck.

Last edited:

lopinslo2

Equipment
BX2660, RCK60b23BX
Aug 22, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
I finally got'er done by lifting the floorboard high enough to allow the link arm to rotate up. Then, I could pass it through the holes in the frame and remove it.

lopinslo2

Equipment
BX2660, RCK60b23BX
Aug 22, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
The RH mower rear link finally came out of the frame after I jacked up the floorboard so I could rotate the link are upwards enough, I replaced the link then one must put the bushings back in before connecting the LH link or else there is not enough room to put them in afterwards. The rest went back together easily including all the floor board bolts and the handle bar on the right side. This was a much bigger job than thought due to the design of the parts and also because they are obviously installed at the factory before the floorboard and finders are in place. Hope I never have to do this again but the lugs on the links wear out pretty quick.

davidhite

Equipment
bx2380, b2150, brush hog, mmm
Jun 15, 2017
hillsboro, or
The RH mower rear link finally came out of the frame after I jacked up the floorboard so I could rotate the link are upwards enough, I replaced the link then one must put the bushings back in before connecting the LH link or else there is not enough room to put them in afterwards. The rest went back together easily including all the floor board bolts and the handle bar on the right side. This was a much bigger job than thought due to the design of the parts and also because they are obviously installed at the factory before the floorboard and finders are in place. Hope I never have to do this again but the lugs on the links wear out pretty quick.
Looks like I'll need to replace my RH rear link on my BX2380, somehow the arm got bent down about an inch.
So you removed the floor board bolts and the handle bar on the right side (fender?). Then you could lift the floor board enough to rotate the link arm?
Do you recall about how many floor board bolts you removed and if any were particularly difficult to reach?
I see the two bolts holding the LH link to the RH shaft. Did you need to remove anything else?

lopinslo2

Equipment
BX2660, RCK60b23BX
Aug 22, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Looks like I'll need to replace my RH rear link on my BX2380, somehow the arm got bent down about an inch.
So you removed the floor board bolts and the handle bar on the right side (fender?). Then you could lift the floor board enough to rotate the link arm?
Do you recall about how many floor board bolts you removed and if any were particularly difficult to reach?
I see the two bolts holding the LH link to the RH shaft. Did you need to remove anything else?
YEs, I removed almost all of them because the floorboard does not bend-it just lifts up. Some were pretty rusty and had to be replaced at the hardware store.