New L3901DT

LwhiteAH64

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525, LP RCF2060, LP BB1260, Yanmar 220 Diesel w/KK 60 Rotary Cutter
Jul 16, 2018
Dade City, Fl
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and awaiting my new L3901DT. Hopefully it will be delivered by the end of this week.
Looking forward to reading all this awesome knowledge here!!!!

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and awaiting my new L3901DT. Hopefully it will be delivered by the end of this week.
Looking forward to reading all this awesome knowledge here!!!!
Welcome to OTT forums! This is a very active group with a lot of talent interested in helping those of us with little to zero experience in wrenching or any and all things Kubota. Just out of curiosity, were you only looking at Kubota when you made a choice and if not, then why Kubota? Inquiring minds and all that. LOL

LwhiteAH64

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525, LP RCF2060, LP BB1260, Yanmar 220 Diesel w/KK 60 Rotary Cutter
Jul 16, 2018
Dade City, Fl
I looked at other brands too. LS, JD,MF TYM, Yanmars, and probably more than i can count. I currently own a Yanmar 220 Diesel thai I inherited from my father. Being that it is a Grey market Yanmar, it is very limited to what I can do to it. I know that there are internet sites that I can get stuff for it but I really wanted a FEL. Everyone was very proud of them$$.
Soooooo, I started looking. I did a lot of research with all the different brands and looked at some of the different tractor blogs and decided to go with Big Orange!!
The dealer is not as close as some of the others but got good reviews.
Sooo, just waiting for delivery this week (I hope)!!!!
I have owned several tractors in my time and the L3901 looked like it would fit what I needed it for.
10 acres with horses!! Putting in some swales, bush hogging, finish mowing, grading the 250ft+ driveway. Looking forward to finally getting to get some seat time in it.

Beef

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77
Jul 9, 2018
Massachusetts
I'm 20 hours into my brand new L3901HST. I couldn't be more happy. This is my 2nd tractor. I absolutely love it. I've heard they were "tippy". Not the case. Beet juice in the tires, loader and backhoe, and it is as stable as can be.

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
....The dealer is not as close as some of the others but got good reviews.....
Service, and especially customer service is oh, so important, at least to me anyway. Just yesterday, when I hit all the auto parts stores looking for a 6pt, 29mm, 45 or 90 deg off-set box wrench I got an eye opener along with a dose of customer dis-service. Half of them said "what's a mm"? The guy who is farthest from my house won my business as he not only knew what metrics mean, but would not let me leave until he got on his phone and internet and found something for me. I don't know what it is called but it is 29mm-1/2" drive impact socket that looked to be about 10mm tall. No clue what it is made for. But I told the guy he had my business from now on because of his idea of customer service, as nobody else offered to lift a finger to help.
Again welcome!

Last edited: