Kubota f3680 steering problems

Ajor5713

May 12, 2018
Nephi, Utah
My f3680 steering is hard to steer. I don’t have pressure gauges to hook up. Is ther any way to diagnose without them. Any help would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it's hard to turn the wheel then the issue is in the controller or pressure related.
If the steering wheel turns easy but the wheels don't turn then it's in the steering cylinder.

There really isn't an easy way to test without checking pressures.

Ajor5713

May 12, 2018
Nephi, Utah
The steering wheel turns hard. It steers fine. Everything else seems to work fine. The hydrolic lift works good. I just don’t know how to isolate the problem without pressure gauges.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Controllers aren't cheap! Do you have the ability to remove the cylinder and check it for ease of movement/bent rod etc.? Or remove one end and see if it cycles back and forwards when not connected etc.? Jack the front up and try steering with no load/weight on it.
EDIT: If you don't have it, there is a service manual here

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your next step would be to pull the controller and take it to a hydraulic shop and have it tested. ;)

duTch

Equipment
F368(0) Front Deck Mower
Nov 6, 2022
Jinnabura
Hola Folks, this is not a reply to anything- I just joined up to ask a question relevant to these proceedings while I figure out the posting protocols...
I'm involved in a community project that has three F3680 machines (the original just has 'F368 sticker)....
The issue is the main seal (#130 on parts sheet) in the steering cylinder.
Someone else dismantled it, and said there was no evidence of the Old seal..... he is no longer involved and I'm waiting until tomorrow for a serial number for which model it is
My question relates to;
As there are two part numbers, and obviously two different seals/ superseded- one is a $2 'O' Ring, but the other ( K3611-38820)is a mystery, and there are none in the country for three weeks until one arrives from Japan.
My question(s)is/ are;
What is so special about this seal, and what does it look like?
Is there a compatible off the shelf substitute that will do the job until the proper one can be procured?
**The machine has been off the grass for three months and there's an event pending, the grass needs urgent attention.....

thanks in advance, duTch

nb- I'msure this could be in a better place, but best I can do for more now😬