New rears for the 7200

Driver57

Equipment
Kubota B7200HST
May 13, 2018
Maine
With severe dry rot and rims suffering from the effects of calcium ballast, it was time for rear tire and rim replacements on my new to me B7200HST.

Got an estimate of $1000 from my local Kubota dealer. Rims were $107 each, 6 newer style acorn nuts were $25. Tires were $367 each.:eek: The rims and nuts were acceptable, but I felt I could do better on the tires. Went on EBay and did some searching. I found a pair of 9.5x16 ags for $298 shipped.

Final price on everything 2 sets of tires, rims, and nuts was $574.

Attached is a pic of new tires and rims. Also included a pic of the inside of an old tire that started separating at the sidewall at 30 lbs. Note the tube sticking through.

Attachments

Last edited:

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
What brand tire?

How many plys?

Just wondering,

I've found tire prices follow ply and construction closely.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Driver57

Equipment
Kubota B7200HST
May 13, 2018
Maine
Looking good. Do you always run the rear tires at 30psi?
I generally run rears around 15 lbs.

I bought the tractor a couple of months ago. I had noticed the tires were really squatted down when I had the bush hog on and thought I’d add a few pounds of air. Once I started to add air, the liquid calcium started coming out and the valve would not re-seat.
I picked up a pair of tire tubes and took the tire/rim to a local tire dealer. When they installed the tube and brought the pressure up to 30 lbs, the tube started pushing through the sidewall.
I am now deliberating whether to fill the tires with WW fluid or just make a 3pt counterweight. The counterweight would help with steering with a load in the bucket.

Driver57

Equipment
Kubota B7200HST
May 13, 2018
Maine
What brand tire?

How many plys?

Just wondering,

I've found tire prices follow ply and construction closely.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.
6 ply tires. Mongrel brand named Grip Master.

While I like buying the better brands like Carlisle, I couldn’t pass these up. I wont be putting a lot of hours on the tractor and wasn’t overly concerned about quality. These should be fine.