B7200 HST Screen

CJN8

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, Gearmore Box Blade, Bush Hog, Cimmeron Rake
Nov 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
So I am doing a little R&R to the kubota, cleaning the screens. After cleaning the HST screen I still can't even see through it, problem? The tractor has been sluggish. Thoughts?

cb750k8

Equipment
B7200HST D 4X4
Aug 23, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
First rule out the oil. Did you do the original service. Was it the correct Kubota UDT oil?

If you have the oil that came out of the tractor before your service Take a good look at it. Put it in a glass or white open container, let it settle and it may give you an indication of what is causing the filter to clog.

Don't know if you should be able to see through the filter. I serviced mine lately and don't recall if I could see through it. Did not have difficulty establishing that it was clean.

Can't tell from the photo. Are there deposits on the filter? Are they black? Do you have compressed air to blow deposits away.

An oil and filter change is the obvious way to go.

Pressure testing (covered in the manual) can be done at various points around the HST. You need a hose, gauges and fittings.

Hope the HST is not damaged, Good luck and let us know how you get on.

CJN8

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, Gearmore Box Blade, Bush Hog, Cimmeron Rake
Nov 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
I did a service about a year ago when I first bought the tractor and the filter looked to be in the same shape. I can easily see through the hydraulic screen but not the HST screen. I used Walmart super tech hydraulic oil, I am going to use chevron 1000 thf for this change. It specs better than UDT when it comes to kinematic viscosity when it's temperature is above 100*C (9.5 rating).

The filter appears to be covered in a black film almost like the screen is corroded, looks to be restricted. I clean it in solvent and blow it off but it's still hard to see through the mesh even when I hold it up to the light.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Might have to soak the screen in penetrating oil, and gently take a wire brush to it. You can find some smaller ones in the tool section that have copper bristles. I've had fairly decent luck with that option. May have to let the penetrating oil sit for a while before brushing