Overheating issue on L series verified

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
I've also had my L4330 overheat on me one time while bushhogging my neighbor's property.

But unlike what other people here are reporting, I got warning on my dashboard. Also unlike others here did, I did not turn the tractor off, but let it idle into my shop, where I left if running while I opened up the engine hood and started to clean out the screen and the radiator.

Now, when bushhogging, I routinely clean out both the screen and the radiator after every break or when I'd done for the day. Once the screens off or I have the air wand at the tractor, there's no real reason not to go ahead and clean out the radiator at the same time.

I'm open to suggestions on increasing the cooling system of this tractor. I already use a synthetic oil (Shell Rotella T6). Perhaps a small car/engine radiator in front of the OEM one?

Thanks,

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
I think the capacity is there.

The trick is to keep the fins from clogging. Without air flow, there is not enough heat transfer.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
:p Install a windshield wiper on the radiator screen :D

scrubbuck

Equipment
L3800HST
Nov 24, 2012
Mount Horeb, WI
My L3800 HST had a overheating issue and blew out the block heater the dealer installed with about 10 hours on it. They told me it was poor installation of the heater. They picked it up and reinstalled it. It still overheated and had a coolant leak. I could smell it but could not see the leak. I had them tow it back in and after several conversations with the service manager they pressure tested it and got it hot and said it needed a new radiator because the pet cock was leaking. They replaced the radiator under warranty. I have mowed in tall grass twice since then with no issues but I'm sure to clean the radiator and screen after every few hours and watch the temperature gauge. :(