BX2370 Leakdown?

chucky79

Equipment
BX25D, B7100 Restoration project with a B219 loader and B670 backhoe
May 16, 2014
Ashland, KY
Maybe I never noticed it before, maybe I subconsciously lowered my MMM in the past but I just realized yesterday(and replicated it last night) that my MMM lowers or leaks down overnight. I think its normal from my reading but most posts I found are about loaders and backhoes which are much heavier implements. I don't see any leaks and don't really know how long it takes to drop I just know it was lowered to my cutting height from full up from one night to the next morning. Got the tractor in May and has 44hrs so far. Sound normal? Yes I know from reading now that I should lower all implements for safety reasons but just wanna check since I just noticed this today.

dirtroad

Equipment
bx2370, 60" mmm, FEL, 54" boxblade and r4 tires.
Sep 22, 2014
lowell, Mi
Mine dont seem to do this. I might not have noticed either because the mmm is only on for a day or two at a time.

chucky79

Equipment
May 16, 2014
Ashland, KY
Mine dont seem to do this. I might not have noticed either because the mmm is only on for a day or two at a time.
Thanks for the response. I want to think mine didn't do it when brand new either but like I said maybe I never noticed it if in fact I left the MMM up. I just wanna make sure I wasn't looking at some sort of repair.

As a side note I was reading about warming the tractor up in the manual. I try to let it idle for 3-5 minute summer before taking off to mow or using the lift but I haven't always done this. How damaging could it be to the motor or hydraulics not to let the tractor warm all the way up? It was a newb mistake in the beginning but i am pretty conscious about it now to make sure i wait.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Warm up in summer is less crucial than winter. It generally doesn't get cold enough to thicken the oils and shrink the seals. So, you probably haven't done much damage or very little to the unit.

I give my L3200 less than a minute to warm up in summer, and usually I only bring up the RPM's slowly at first start for the day. So, let it idle for about 20-30 seconds, then creep up the RPM's for another 30 and then pick up the hydraulics and go.

Winter is another matter entirely. In winter, I let the tractor fully warm up. The engine block must be warm to the touch and the main supply and return hydraulic lines have to be warm as well on my older iron, but on the L3200 that's all internal so just feel the transmission, it should be warmer than ambient and comfortable to touch.

My two cents, and I'm not sure it's worth that... :D

chucky79

Equipment
May 16, 2014
Ashland, KY
Ok. Well she has always gotten at least a minute or so before I increase rpms and I, like you, always go slowly. And I never really thought about it but your right that this summer it never gets cold enough to change fluids viscosity so prob ok. My tractor stays in an insulated garage year round anyway so she never really sees any temp extremes while parked so I'm sure that also helps. Worse things I may have done is started her then almost immediately, at lower idle rpm, raised my deck off the ground in preparation to move out of the garage.