loader bucket won't lower

boomer128

Equipment
B7510
Sep 5, 2013
driggs,id
I just bought a used B7510 HST with a Woods joystick bucket. The bucket will go up and rotate up and down but the bucket will not lower. Ideas please?

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Lower your 3 point hitch a little and try that. If the 3 point is too high then it will mess with the loader, took me months to figure that out. Kubota must not have set the upper stop right on my tractor.

alchemysa

Equipment
B1550, backhoe, 4in1 bucket, rear mower.
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
Check that the return hydraulic coupling is correctly attached. (Be careful - it may be under pressure.) I think in the 'float' position it should at least lower by gravity alone if the couplings are attached correctly.

'Float' is when you push the joystick ALL the way up. It releases all pressure from the hoses. (Assuming you have float). If it doesn't drop in the float position then the coupling may not be correctly attached.

Last edited:

Chubbs75

Aug 16, 2013
United Kingdom
Could be faulty quick release coupling but also hydraulic ram. Eliminate problems starting from lifting cylinder. Loosen up hoses on cylinder to see if oil comes out and if bucket drops. Swop couplings if necessary.
If those 2 ok then you might have a faulty control valve block.

boomer128

Equipment
B7510
Sep 5, 2013
driggs,id
Lower your 3 point hitch a little and try that. If the 3 point is too high then it will mess with the loader, took me months to figure that out. Kubota must not have set the upper stop right on my tractor.
thanks, I will give it a try.

boomer128

Equipment
B7510
Sep 5, 2013
driggs,id
Could be faulty quick release coupling but also hydraulic ram. Eliminate problems starting from lifting cylinder. Loosen up hoses on cylinder to see if oil comes out and if bucket drops. Swop couplings if necessary.
If those 2 ok then you might have a faulty control valve block.
thanks. I will check those

boomer128

Equipment
B7510
Sep 5, 2013
driggs,id
Check that the return hydraulic coupling is correctly attached. (Be careful - it may be under pressure.) I think in the 'float' position it should at least lower by gravity alone if the couplings are attached correctly.

'Float' is when you push the joystick ALL the way up. It releases all pressure from the hoses. (Assuming you have float). If it doesn't drop in the float position then the coupling may not be correctly attached.
thanks, I will check that

mblossom

Equipment
B7500
Mar 9, 2017
Eureka Springs AR
My B7500 LA272 loader wouldn't lower this morning, I read posts here, went back out and tried it again without making any changes, it works fine now. See, reading this forum fixes things!

There is a hard detent at the top of the travel of the stick, which I hadn't noticed before, and which I thought at first was the cause of the FEL not lowering. Is this a stuck ball or other fault, or is it the detent for the FLOAT position, which I have never fully understood anyway?

Mike463

Equipment
B7500HSD
Dec 14, 2017
Fayetteville, Georgia
Okay so this is a *very* old thread. But i had the same thing happen to my B7500 HSD with a Woods LS 72 FEL just yesterday (13 Sep 20). I had spent the day running a PTO chipper @ my son-in-law's house with, essentially, no utilization of the FEL. The FEL was working fine until I brought the tractor home and unloaded it from the trailer. In order to get the chipper to clear the loading ramp, I had to fully retract/shorten the upper link plus fully raise the 3-point. Once I got the machine off the trailer, with the chipper/3-point still jakced to its highest point, I found I could not lower the bucket; it would do all other functions *except* lower. If I went to the "float" position the bucket would fall under the power of gravity ...so I went "float, stop, float, stop with the control lever and worked the bucket down. I was tired and left the machine as it was; my problem to tackle the next day. But I did a Google search for the problem and it landed me here ...among other spots.

So this morning I fired up the tractor and lowered the chipper ....readjusted the upper link so the chipper sat parallel to the ground. And the FEL worked normally in all modes. So before you freak and consider some repair work you hadn't counted on ...consider this an addition to the knowledge base.