Hey guys question on how BIG

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just happened to think about it a couple weeks ago a friend and I were talking over an adult beverage, and he was saying he wanted to go to a bigger taller tire on his bx2350. And I said I would ask, and so I am admittedly a tad later but Im asking. SO how tall can he go with out tearing shyt up under the fenders, and yes I know it has to be done front and rear. Anybody have any ideas, or maybe he could go with wheels off a B, I don't know guys so I is askin

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't know how big because I don't have one around for reference, But consider these points
They were designed to have small tires for a reason, Low center of gravity!
The drive train also will be working harder to turn a larger tire.
The tractors attachments geometrics are based off or the smaller tire, so lifting the unit could adversely effect the Loader, MMM, Backhoe, and even the 3 point hitch.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All very good points I had not thought of, I will pass that along,, thanks,,, that damned peach pie really made things foggy that night,,lol

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I agree with the previous comments. About the LAST thing in the world you would want to do is raise the center of gravity on a BX. I LOVE them, but I still think the wheelbase is about a foot too short and the track width about a foot too narrow. Taller tires just takes an iffy situation and makes it far worse, never mind the other operational issues.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I agree with the previous comments. About the LAST thing in the world you would want to do is raise the center of gravity on a BX. I LOVE them, but I still think the wheelbase is about a foot too short and the track width about a foot too narrow. Taller tires just takes an iffy situation and makes it far worse, never mind the other operational issues.
Not that it helps with bigger tires, I would tell him to get some spaces, 2.5 on either side make one hellva difference without placing any real strain on the works. The stability is noticeable too. BIG time!:)