Replaced the Decompression Cable

Eagle Creek

Equipment
B7200 HST, loader and tiller
Just one of the few things that I've repaired or replaced since buying the B7200. This little accesory is truly amazing! I first tried pulling it out upon reading about it in the manual and I really wanted to use it because the battery was getting low. I had to jump is a few times and trickle charge it twice. (Then I found the alt. belt loose:eek: )
The cable was frozen in the sheath so I did the ol' PB Blaster thing. Soaked it over night & the next morning it was free. The only thing was the cable was frayed & hung up then broke. I checked on line for a new cable with knob and that was $27..... too much. Went to my FLAPS and got a complete replacement for $7 :D What a savings! Hooked that puppy up & tried it. That little 3 cylinder turned over like a 3500 RPM electric motor... it was zoomin! Pushed in the knob & the tractor fired up so fast.
Great little gadget.
I'm impressed KUBOTA :D:):D:)

.....b

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Great little story! Even better you were able to repair with equal results and about 1/4 the cost :D

SockPuppet

Equipment
B8200
Nov 23, 2009
Washington State
The Decompression Cable can also be used as an emergency stop for a runaway engine. Note that I say emergency as it's not great for the engine but might keep it from disintegrating.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I had a compressor years ago with a ford 5000 major engine in it and it had a decompressor on it. It wasn't that great. I am glad to hear that yours works so well. Thanks for that info Sockpuppet that could be a good thing to know.:cool::cool: Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I broke mine also and haven't replaced it yet because I rarely use it. I'll see if I can replace it cheaply like you. Thanks for the tip.

Dion

Eagle Creek

Equipment
B7200 HST, loader and tiller
I re-used the KUBOTA black sheath that has a threaded end for attaching to the fixed linkage on the engine. Took the old knob & shaft out of it and threaded in the new shaft with the new knob & wire. It was just a choke cable at the auto parts store. They came in 5' & 7'.
Now I just need a rear red lens.

....b