Fuel transfer between tanks

brianb940

Equipment
M9000
Oct 3, 2010
Sunshine, LA, USA
I have a 2005 M9000. I'm having trouble with the fuel equalizing between the 2 tanks. Does anyone know if there are any valves, baffles, etc. to prevent the fuel from transferring between the tanks? The only thing I can think of is the hose connecting the tanks is clogged. I have been hesitant to remove it because one tank is full. Thanks in advance for any help.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
All you need to do is find the vent tube(2 of them, 1 for each tank) and clean them out. Usually a wire can be ran thru it until you feel the blockage then jam it out. My M 9000 has a white round tubing frame that the rear of the hood mounts to that also doubles as the vent for the tanks. It has a black rubber tube hanging from the top of the white frame down either side of the engine. The left side tube runs down behind the starter and the other is kind of behind the fuel filter. You will just need to trace them down and clean them out. If either one is clogged it will stop the transfer between the tanks. If I was going to bet though I would start with the one on the right side. For some reason this is the one that seems to be stopped up most of the time. I hope this helps out.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Glad to help. I have to clean mine out every now and again. Just about every time it's been the right side that was clogged.