Rops on 1500dt

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
There are a couple of threads out there about installing the rops on l175/185 etc and a couple inquires about which rops is interchangeable with the 1500 but I could not find conclusive information about it. Many people have said the 1500 is same body as 175 but Hercules product info contradicts that.

Anyone know which American model rops fits the 1500? It seems the 175 and 185 have different rops because the Hercules rops lists compatible products as 185/1500 but doesn't list 175 in there. Not sure if oversight or not.

Before I buy this thing want to make sure.

http://justtractorparts.com/rolloverprotectionstructureropsforkubotacompacttractors.aspx

Anyone installed the Hercules? If not I'll call them and see what's up.

Thanks kindly.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
The engine part of the L1500 is similar to the L175 and I'd be surprised if the hoods didn't interchange, but there are differences. The transaxles are different, but when I was looking for a top link bracket, it appeared that they used the same bracket. I couldn't find one, so I used one from an L245. The top and bottom bolt holes lined up, but not the middle. The top and bottom holes lined up, but not the middle. The L175 bracket only has 4 holes, so I considered it good.

Back to your question. The picture in your link shows ROPS with a mounting plate that is mostly full of slotted holes. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get something to line up. Then you'd bolt your top link brackets back on over the mounting plate. So while the factory ROPS for an L245 probably won't work on an L1500 without modification, the ones in your link probably will if the picture is accurate. How's that for a non-answer?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They say it fits a L1500, so I would think it fits! ;)

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
Thanks. Fair point they say 1500. Just odd they don't list 175.

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think it is just an oversight that they didn't list the L175. ;)

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Or they left it off on purpose because you can get one from a dealer for under $200.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Or they left it off on purpose because you can get one from a dealer for under $200.
But then why would they list the L185, L240, L245, L260, L275 as they are also program tractors? :confused: ;)

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
So I managed to get a rops from kubota. It's a spl-22 rops for a l175. I asked for a rops for a l175 when I bought an implement from them.

Got the bolt holes cleaned out and got the rops mounted to back of the transmission. Unfortunately a bend in one of the rops seems a little off. The pattern is perfect for where the bolts holes should be but plate 7 and bolt 9 in the parts list above is half a bolt hole off. The transmission bolts align well but that throws the rest out of line.

Anyway. Just wanted to update the thread about the kubota part number and the rops installation. Pictures to follow hopefully. Will see if I can get this catty-wampums thing on. Spent a few hours with dad trying to get it on so at least there was that.

- Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
With the rops assembled and the top plates installed this is my situation.

Thinking I'll take top plates that go into hyd cylinder off again. Align and start 6 bolts that go into transmission then expand holes for the top plates. Doesn't seem it will go together without some slotted holes and I might be pushing it then.

I followed the instructions and put the bottom bolts in first. When I got to the top ones the holes were off a good deal. So assembled the tops first and tried to shim the bottom ones by wedging wood in there but didn't work as I planned.

- Mike

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I installed mine with the top plate (at the highest split) only installed on one side. Then installed all the lower hardware loosely and got as much lined up as possible. Tighten all the lower hardware and then pulled the top halves into position and got both bolts started and tighten up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
I installed mine with the top plate (at the highest split) only installed on one side. Then installed all the lower hardware loosely and got as much lined up as possible. Tighten all the lower hardware and then pulled the top halves into position and got both bolts started and tighten up

Finally got it on and stuff tightened. Worked on it little bit at a time.

I tried wedging and pulling but this one side of rops had all angles wrong including the one that accepted the seat belt bolt. The nut and lock washer together wouldn't fit since its pretty tight in there and the slight angle being off made it not fit. So using locktight on that side. The other side everything lined up fine

Now with the back I ended up slotting the two holes in the rops that receives the plate on top of the transmission.

The only issue I have now is that the pins that did support the receiver for a draw bar hitch is obstructed by the rops and the bottom studs that support it.

Anyway. Glad I have a rops on it now. Feel much better on the tractor.

Pics of installation and pins that are obstructed. How is the receiver look on the back of a 175/185 vs the 1500?

Thanks,

- Mike

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That is one version on the L185
The version I have has a pin bracket mounted under the rear axle with another wider bracket with small holes to limit the drawbar swing.

The original pin probably was installed from below with a lynch pin on top