Just registered and need some help

ktate

Equipment
L305
Feb 23, 2009
New Orleans, LA
This looks to be a nice site for Kubota owners. I found it during a Google search. Anyway, hope I might get some help. I've got a 1985 L305, 4 wheel drive, manual transmission, with 1500 hrs. All fluids where changed about 80 hours ago. I've owned this tractor for about 4 years. The tractor was last used about three months ago and all hydraulics worked and PTO was running fine at both slow and fast speeds.

Today, I was not able to engage the engine to the transmission UNLESS I moved the PTO selective lever out of neutral. This allowed me to shift gears and go forward and backwards; however, the PTO does not turn! I used the tractor in this manner for about 20 minutes and then parked it.

If I return the PTO selective lever to neutral, I have no problems depressing clutch pedal, place trans in any gear (with no grinding), release the clutch pedal.....and the tractor will not move...just idles.

It doesn't seem that the clutch would be frozen to the flywheel since I can change gears without any grinding noise and move forward, PROVIDED the PTO is not in neutral.

Any ideas? and thank you.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello there, thank you for registering on the forum and posting your question.

I think Vic would have some insight for your problem - he's out in the shop at the moment but I've asked him to get back to you when he gets a chance. Hang in there, we'll get you some help! :D

ktate

Equipment
L305
Feb 23, 2009
New Orleans, LA
Up at 4 am, brewed some strong "Community" medium roast coffee and waited for the sun to rise. Ready to devote my entire day to my troubles.

Could it have been that simple? Just a lever out of position? YES! Unbelievable how blind I was! Thank you for making me slow down, start over, and look for the obvious!

Many thanks to you!:)