Hi, New member with a question.

Pryme

Equipment
BX1880
May 24, 2019
Minnesota
Hi all. Just got my first actual tractor that isn't a riding mower.

Quick question. Being that it weighs about 2,100lbs I dont know that I can even take it over my septic field?

Does anyone know what's too heavy?

I guess I will save about 600 some pounds if I remove the loader.

Thanks.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
One would think it would be fine. Of course wet ground would be worse than dry ground.

But any info on type of soil you have ?

How deep the lateral lines are ?

Any other info you can pass on might help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea would need much more information, and if there is a tank involved, most tanks are not recommend you drive over them. ;)

Pryme

Equipment
BX1880
May 24, 2019
Minnesota
I'm going to call the builder to find out depths. It's all sand here pretty much.
I stayed away from the field and tanks for now but mowed across where the line would obviously run to the house. Its dry and the tractor barely dented the sand so I'm good.

Question for you guys. Do you remove the black discharge chute from the mower? It says do not remove but I could get almost a foot closer to things if it was gone.

Thanks

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I doubt you would harm a drain field running a machine that light over it unless the drain field wasn't put in right or is in very poor condition.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I'm going to call the builder to find out depths. It's all sand here pretty much.
I stayed away from the field and tanks for now but mowed across where the line would obviously run to the house. Its dry and the tractor barely dented the sand so I'm good.

Question for you guys. Do you remove the black discharge chute from the mower? It says do not remove but I could get almost a foot closer to things if it was gone.

Thanks
I don't know anything about septic systems so I'm no help there. I do know you can mow a lot closer on the other side of your mower deck. The plastic discharge chute is a safety feature to cut down on rocks etc being thrown if you hit one with a blade. It will actually discharge the clippings better without it on. Beware though.. I launched a chunk of metal about 30 yards and knocked a hole in a metal building with mine. So keep the kids, dogs etc out of the way if you remove it.

Last edited:

Pryme

Equipment
BX1880
May 24, 2019
Minnesota
I don't know anything about septic systems so I'm no help there. I do know you can mow a lot closer on the other side of your mower deck. The plastic discharge chute is a safety feature to cut down on rocks etc being thrown if you hit one with a blade. It will actually discharge the clippings better without it on. Beware though.. I launched a chunk of metal about 30 yards and knocked a hole in a metal building with mine. So keep the kids, dogs etc out of the way if you remove it.
Yeah I'm on the fence about removing it.

Question for you guys. What engine speed is best when engaging the PTO (mower) I'm reading through the manual but have not come across that yet.

Also for break in it was very vague. So I have been mowing from 2,800 to the yellow 540 range but never above and I have been varying the speed.

Thanks

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Removing the chute also increase the chance of something going in that was not intended. I now it is not likely but things happen.

My unit has proper pto speed at a engine rpm of 2500. Guess it can vary.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Yeah I'm on the fence about removing it.

Question for you guys. What engine speed is best when engaging the PTO (mower) I'm reading through the manual but have not come across that yet.

Also for break in it was very vague. So I have been mowing from 2,800 to the yellow 540 range but never above and I have been varying the speed.

Thanks
I've been told to engage your mower at low rpm, like just above idle will cause less shock on everything. Then raise your rpm up.