L2650 Front Wheel Size Question

jaykremm

Equipment
L2650
May 21, 2019
Sharpsville
I just purchased an L2650 where the previous owner had the hilly property, so he had spacers in the rear axles and the front rims were turned "cup out" to widen the wheel track.

The tractor also has turf tires, with the original 355/80d20's on the rear and the put 235/75R15's in the front (which I believe now are too large).

In trying to narrow the tractor back up (I have flat land with trees), removing the spacers from the rear was obviously no problem, but when I tried to flip the front tires "cup in" I found that they bind up on the Tie Rod ends.

It seems my only good option is to find some 16" wheels and tires (size?). I can add 3/8 inch shims behind the existing wheels to clear the tie rod bind, but then the wheel doesn't engage the lip of the center hub. I doubt that is a good idea, even without using a loader or front weights.

My question is: Is this normal for the 15" wheels on this model? It seems odd to me that if you originally bought this tractor with the 15" turf tire option that it had to be set up wide. Am I missing something?

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do the tires hit or do the rims hit?
Because yes they are supposed to have 15 inch rims, But you are correct those tires are way to tall.
You need 212/80-D15 Rolling Circumference of 85 to match the rear, the current set on there is 90.7 RC.

If you're not going to use the rear spacers, I would be interested in getting a set! ;)

I'll send you a PM with a link for the WSM
and you can go to Kubotabooks.com to download the Ops manual for it.

Here is the right tire:
https://www.petestirestore.com/2158...Diamond-G-2-Tractor-Tire-4-Ply-TT_p_6111.html

Last edited:

jaykremm

Equipment
L2650
May 21, 2019
Sharpsville
Thanks Wolfman,
It is the rims that rub, if you look closely at the front rim in that second picture you can see the silver ring that the tie rod ground into the rim (before I realized what was going on). The tractor would move in reverse, but as soon as I went forward it would rock forward and bind.

Then for the spacers, I am at least sort of using them for the moment. Again, if you look at the picture, you can see I re-used them on the outside of the rim just because I only had the long lug bolts to put the wheel back on with. Once I get the right length bolts, I'll let you know
Jay

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman,
It is the rims that rub, if you look closely at the front rim in that second picture you can see the silver ring that the tie rod ground into the rim (before I realized what was going on). The tractor would move in reverse, but as soon as I went forward it would rock forward and bind.

Then for the spacers, I am at least sort of using them for the moment. Again, if you look at the picture, you can see I re-used them on the outside of the rim just because I only had the long lug bolts to put the wheel back on with. Once I get the right length bolts, I'll let you know
Jay
I suspect that the front rims are not kubota, or not for that tractor.
Hence the reason they rub.
2 options: Get spacers, or get the right rims, rims might not be an easy task.