How to fix Kubota AC

Joe Hollas

Equipment
m9000
Sep 10, 2014
Cameron,TX
Bought a M900 new, from day one ac was poor. Cool at best and not much of that. I use this tractor for baleing and spraying, it is well taken care of, doesn't sit outside unless necessary in field, oil changed every 100 hrs etc.These are the things I did along the way until I finally fixed the AC.
Blow out condenser EVERY time its used. If you don't have a Radiator Genie get one 35$ well spent!!
Replaced AC compressor,just to do it.
Replaced Expansion valve
Removed heater core so fan wouldn't have to push thru it.
Lined cab with heat barrier
Wrapped exp valve with insulation
Added 600 cfm electric fan to blow on stock ac condenser
Relocated battery out of front area to tool box location.Now air is drawn from underneath,sides and front area. Tractor should have been 4 in longer,big difference in ride and room to work.
BUT what really worked was adding a 2nd ac condenser,WOW what a difference! AC is now 38 degrees.
The 2nd unit is 14x15 inches. Cost was $80 for condenser, $55 for ac line ad fittings,$150 for ac crimping tool(probably could have borrowed but this was cheap experiment anyway). Now it cools like a 30 year old JD,Allis Chalmers or IH,like it should have!! http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12807&stc=1&d=1410402632 100_0479.jpg

100_0484.jpg

Joe Hollas

Equipment
m9000
Sep 10, 2014
Cameron,TX
With the battery out of the way, there is plenty of room for a 14x15 condenser. I angled it back and used zip ties and rubber hose cut and placed on any edges that rubbed on anything.
I cant take credit for this, I saw it on forums on web, just applied it to a tractor.
The fan motor doesn't really blow very hard either, compared to cars or other tractors(you really cant hear the wind on hi) I found a company in UT that will make me a transformer that will put approx. 16 volts to the fan motor and make it put out like it should. Cost is about 50$. Tha is the next ting I'm going to do.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Think I'll fix mine via a water jug, squirt bottle misting nozzle plumbed to a 12v windshield washer pump. Attach to ROPs and pointed at top of my head. :D