What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

MikeRawn

Equipment
BX25, T1880
Aug 5, 2014
Stayner, ON
Hi Gang!
Bought a T1880 from a friend, with 9 hours on it, 2010 M.Y. Mint. Flushed the oil, put in rs200 0w40 euro synth., found the NAPA Gold longer oil filter online, put in an NGK platinum plug. Gas was old, replaced it an FFilter. Ran like crud before, then WOW! Even my wife noticed the difference. "The Blades are spinning so quickly now, that it sounds like it is going to take OFF!" Observed results, every step yielded a n improvement. Still backfires, of course. Receiived an e-mail on how to 'properly' shut it down, will try that.

Mike

Last edited:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Backfiring is caused from only a few items. Those are covered here:

http://www.ehow.com/list_6402725_causes-engine-carburetor-backfire.html

With that low of time engine, I'd suspect fuel flow issues or needing a good carb cleaning... a really good one. Get a new carb kit for the engine and clean/soak it well then put it back together with the new gaskets. Set the idle and mixture screws per instructions for that carb.

MikeRawn

Equipment
BX25, T1880
Aug 5, 2014
Stayner, ON
Sorry, I meatn that it fires out the exhaust, after it stops running. I drained the fuel, replaced the filter, then pit 93 non-ethanol, with weak SeaFoam in it. Seems to have gone away today, so far. Thanks Shaun!

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Sorry, I meatn that it fires out the exhaust, after it stops running. I drained the fuel, replaced the filter, then pit 93 non-ethanol, with weak SeaFoam in it. Seems to have gone away today, so far. Thanks Shaun!

If you let the engine run at idle speed after you're done mowing for a minute or so, that usually does the trick.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Had plans to fix my driveway back after the 7.56 inches of rain we got last night but it's fixing to rain again right now. Maybe one day this week I guess.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
bmotojoe, I just purchased the LP RCF 2072 and am waiting for the chain kit to come in. Didn't notice the ends sticking out without support until seeing your post. I like your approach to addressing the problem with extra bolts and spacers and will do the same with mine. Any other issues with the mower?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Stared longingly at my L, wanting it to be back together and working! :(
Parts hopefully will arrive this week and I can get it all done! ;)

bmotojoe

Equipment
2012 L4240HST LA854 LOADER
May 30, 2012
East of Seattle
bmotojoe, I just purchased the LP RCF 2072 and am waiting for the chain kit to come in. Didn't notice the ends sticking out without support until seeing your post. I like your approach to addressing the problem with extra bolts and spacers and will do the same with mine. Any other issues with the mower?
I have found no other real issues with the implement. Just make sure it is setup correctly (Deck Leveling & Cutting Height) portion of owners manual. Mine has the slip clutch and I do check the tightness of the bolt going through input shaft to gearbox every time I use it. Other than that keep the tail wheel well lubricated. Make sure you receive all the original guards if you feel you need them or the material in the future, you paid for them.

Last edited:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Re: Scooped up manure and dumped it in a growing pile

Do people name their tractor?
Well, most folks end up naming them, by design or circumstance. The former can be creative and fun, the latter are usually of the 4 letter variety or rhyming with things like witch, yard, or it. While more colorful, they usually aren't as much fun. :rolleyes:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Little late reporting...... but I................. Broke it:eek:

Engine locked up. But Im not in any deeper shiat than when I first bought it suspecting it might need rebuild. Was just hoping to bandaid some and delay the inevitable. Oh well.