Recommend a loader for my B6100

Amishkingpin

Equipment
B7100 HST with FEL,Tiller,Rotary Mower and Box grader
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Hi Mr. K, like the new forum very much.

Yes, I am looking forward to restoring the B6100 this summer following your guide. And yes, I would like to add a loader. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Re: What videos do you want to see from us?

AK, Buhler makes their lineup of #95 Allied loaders that will fit your B6100. We use them as our aftermarket loader of choice for compact Kubotas and have installed more than a few dozen of them - maybe more. They are available in 4' or 5' bucket sizes and come shipped with a joystick control (around $800 value).

Prices typically run around $3500-4000 CDN - might seem steep but they are engineered, designed and built correctly - important when you do not want a heavy load to damage 1) your tractor 2) your loader or 3) someone you know or yourself.

You can check out their compatibility chart here:
http://www.buhler.com/sitefiles/product/compact_imp/loader/mountingkit_result.php?&page=75

They have a picture of one on a B6000 for reference:

They have a dealer network across Canada and the US. Use their dealer locator here:
http://www.buhler.com/dev/dealers-locate.html

Punching in Ohio I see plenty of dealers around you that would be able to help you out. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009

Curbster! Welcome to the forum. Great advice. I see that you are from Nelson BC so nice and close to the mountains.

A lot of time people have to trailer heavy equipment because they've just purchased it, need to return it to the dealer for service work or are picking it up. Generally knowing how to safely secure heavy loads and trailer properly is a good skill to have and having some "know how" in advance rather than "winging it" or "that looks about right...." will pay off.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009

Ok I admit - looking at it now that picture of the B6000 with the #95 loader is more loader than tractor. Alright Vic, so what loader do you suggest for AK's B6100? Is there something else Buhler's got that'll work?

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009

Ok, that's a good looking loader for your B6100 AK. Checking the pricing on this loader that Vic suggests, pricing is a bit below Buhler's - expect to pay around $2800-3000 for Leon loader whereas Buhler is closer to $4200-4500.

Amishkingpin

Equipment
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA

Thanks Mr. K and Service Dept. Vic,

The Leon loader looks to be top quality and like to fit on the tractor. A couple of questions:

1) How easy is it to mount the Leon loader?
2) Does the loader come with a hydralic pump and mount for the front?
3) Does it have the mounting brackets to fit the B6100DT?

Appreciate all your Kubota knowledge/experience and advice on what works well with my Kubota tractor!

AK

Last edited:

Amishkingpin

Equipment
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Vic,

After reading your inspiring loader mounting guidance, I felt charged up and called my local Leon dealer. He wasn't too sure about what I needed to match up a Leon M2000 loader to my B6100DT tractor and promised to get back to me pronto. I also called Leon and they quoted me a great price for a M2000, suggesting I work with my local dealer.

Well, tonight I received a voice message from the dealer and this is what he said,
"I am waiting on a return price on the 6100 because the base price Leon MFG quoted doesn't include the 2 spool lever value and pump. They haven't gave me a price but doesn't sound good. It would be better to trade your tractor to a BX2200 w/loader attached for $8450. This would be better than working with your older tractor(Early 70's) and put a loader on your tractor for a lot of money and not knowing it will fit. Give me a call."

Now I am not so inspired. What would you suggest?

Thanks,
AK

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
I'll tell you what - that socket was ugly as hell as far as sockets go. There I've said it. But, it got the job done and it was accurate. 46mm is hard to nail and he got it right on.

Even with the socket we still had to loosen the block from the frame, support it on blocks and jacks so the pulley would clear the front axle and then use a 3 foot bar to loosen that damn nut! When it finally loosened and spun off it felt like Christmas morning!

Tell you what Vic - next time you need to do that repair I'm gonna be busy on something else.

Amishkingpin

Equipment
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Vic,

I think you got my FEL thinking on track again, thanks!

So, I need to contact my Kubota dealer and 1st get a hydr valve like the one in the picture, I attached, correct?

Then order the M2000 FEL from Leon MFG and get the B7100 frame attachment. That price seems very attractive since I paid $2500 for my tractor and with adding the loader my costs will be down there...
It came with a Woods belly mower, which I probably won't be able to use
once I mount the FEL on the tractor, right?

Then I should have everything I need, oh, yeah, you said I need to replace the fluid too. Where do find the hydraulics filter and is this something that needs cleaned or replaced?

Is this a 2 man job?

Anything I else I forgot/need besides some luck?

AK

Attachments

Amishkingpin

Equipment
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Mr. K,

1,400 hours.

It needs a couple things: back tires(Ag), pto bearing replaced and some paint/new decals (See pictures).

Mr K, I am very impressed with your new forum, great for us Kubota owners to get some great information beyond we can find in our manuals and to read other fellow owner's questions/experiences!

AK

Attachments

Amishkingpin

Equipment
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Vic,

The story continues, I just got off the phone with my parts man at the friendly local Kubota dealer. He seems to be a bit lost and not sure that it is possible to get/add the 'Up-fit part' you described. It said is sounds good in theory but doesn't see any part like this in his books. I repeated that I had good information about this and for him to ask Kubota about this part and not to just believe the book. This is step 1 in my mind and I have to have the ability to have a good hydraulic connector before I even think about ordering the Leon M2000 loader. Just keep on beating the bush till I get this part, eh?

Leon will be my next call.

More to come...

AK

Amishkingpin

Equipment
Feb 19, 2009
Columbus, Ohio,USA
Vic,

Your Question:

"AKP, can you confirm that your B6100 has that integration block?"

Yes, The integration block is sitting pretty along the tractor's right side and easy to get to! I sent you via PM my email.

I spoke with Leon and the M2000 doesn't come with a 2 spool 2 lever control and the hose kit. Leon suggested maybe the 400 model maybe the way to go but wanted to research what they had to fit the B6100. Mmmm, I'll see what they come back with. Are the original loaders available (B1630)? If the my loader quest fails, how well do the B6100 do with a 3 PT scoop?

Thanks Vic, AK