b6100 oil light help

kendixon

Equipment
b6100
Sep 18, 2010
independence,ks
Ok i may have missed a post on this but i need help.I have a b6100 that i got last year and have been bringing her back to life.had to put on back bunner for a while.The girl sat for at least 3 years.Any how shes running and i changed the oil i put on a fram oil filter the right cross over or at least thats what the fram web sight said to use. and i used quaker stat 4x4 syntietc blend 10w30 (some one gave me a case of it for free).At first when it was running the oil light would only come on at idel now it is coming on at higher rpms i was driving her around to clear her thoat .I would give her more gas and it would go out then a few seconds it wold come on give a little more it would come on and so on.full rpm went off brought back to my shop.any thoughts did i do somthing wrong? thanks Ken.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Sounds like a potential bearing issue. I think the light comes on at 7 psi; sounds like it's working. Get a mechanical gauge and check the actual pressure. If it's really 7 psi, time to rebuild something. It may be the bearings, may be the oil pump or mnight be a bad pressyre relief??? Can't think of anything else it could be.

Last edited:

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
You first unscrew the oil sender unit and then screw the oil gauge into the same thread.
Dave

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I'd change the oil and filter again, this time you might want to use some good diesel rated oil, I use Shell Rotella from WalMart in my diesels. It's not unusual for diesels to dirty the oil quickly though. Do as suggested and install an oil pressure guage in the hole where the sender is currently threaded in. Might get lucky and your sender is shot, that happened to me last fall. You won't know till you check the pressure though.

kendixon

Equipment
b6100
Sep 18, 2010
independence,ks
Ok update. I changed the oil and filter agin with good oil this time,and instaled a manual oil gauge.At start up it was 10psi after running a while it it bounced between 7 an 10 psi.and at full throtle it only got up to 20psi.Any ideas?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Ok update. I changed the oil and filter agin with good oil this time,and instaled a manual oil gauge.At start up it was 10psi after running a while it it bounced between 7 an 10 psi.and at full throtle it only got up to 20psi.Any ideas?
Looks like Engine overhaul time to me!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
ken, did you find the post I made about low oil pressure?? There's pictures and a long process that I went thru to find the problem. Read it, it might save you some time.

kendixon

Equipment
b6100
Sep 18, 2010
independence,ks
I am looking i read the one that birddogger found a a couple of post but not sure what one is th eright one.Do you know if they make a rebuild kit for the d650 motor or do you have to get every little part seperate?Oh and i will check in to the cam pug before i do anything i was just wanting to know if they do make a rebuild kit if i have to go in.

Last edited:

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
There is no rebuild "kit" -- you'll need to order by part number. You may be able to find all the gaskets in a "kit". Check E-Bay.

Check that cam plug first ---- while it's not exactly an easy job, it's a lot easier than pulling the whole engine.