What is rebuildable engine worth

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
On the down side of the B7100 HST resurrection and getting ready to find a home for what I have left over. Have a complete engine less hydraulic pump that was running when removed. No knocks just lots of blow by, Muffler, Starter, Radiator and a few misc parts.

Thinking of listing it all as one lot on Craigslist but have no idea how much to ask. The rebuilders are charging around $1000.00 for a good core but I don't expect to be able to get that much. Could probably come close by parting it out but really do not care to deal with 20 individual sales.

Any ideas what it's worth for a fair sale.

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
I would call Kubota engine rebuilders and see if they will buy your core even if you do not buy a rebuilt unit. And I have seen cores valued at $1000 to $1200. You might have to ship it to them thus giving up part of the value. Worth a try.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
On the down side of the B7100 HST resurrection and getting ready to find a home for what I have left over. Have a complete engine less hydraulic pump that was running when removed. No knocks just lots of blow by, Muffler, Starter, Radiator and a few misc parts.

Thinking of listing it all as one lot on Craigslist but have no idea how much to ask. The rebuilders are charging around $1000.00 for a good core but I don't expect to be able to get that much. Could probably come close by parting it out but really do not care to deal with 20 individual sales.

Any ideas what it's worth for a fair sale.
Probably not much because there will be few potential buyers and shipping will be costly.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea a core engine is hard to sell, I have several.
They will sell as parts, but it takes work and time to do that. ;)