Dardanelle Arkansas

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Dayum that's a lot of water :eek:...good time to buy shares in the company though.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Dayum that's a lot of water :eek:...good time to buy shares in the company though.
We ran out of equipment and hose friday. All thats left is some jet pumps that are Hi pressure low volume. All my high volume pumps including what we had bussed in are on rent. I would get a truck load of pumps delivered in the morning to our shop, and every thing was out on rent by 2pm. Friday was my first day off since memorial day and that was because my wife was having surgery. If we could get more equipment shipped in, I would have been working all weekend :rolleyes:

I should have snapped pictures of an apartment complex in Little Rock on the river. They had a 60" storm drain that collapsed from all the water. The Apartment complex looks like a bomb went off in it. Stairs were collapsing from the sides of the buildings and large pumps on all the storm drains. It was pretty intense. And under a mandatory evacuation.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
We ran out of equipment and hose friday. All thats left is some jet pumps that are Hi pressure low volume. All my high volume pumps including what we had bussed in are on rent. I would get a truck load of pumps delivered in the morning to our shop, and every thing was out on rent by 2pm. Friday was my first day off since memorial day and that was because my wife was having surgery. If we could get more equipment shipped in, I would have been working all weekend :rolleyes:

I should have snapped pictures of an apartment complex in Little Rock on the river. They had a 60" storm drain that collapsed from all the water. The Apartment complex looks like a bomb went off in it. Stairs were collapsing from the sides of the buildings and large pumps on all the storm drains. It was pretty intense. And under a mandatory evacuation.
It's got to be real tough on some people that have no family or no where to run to in times like this. Even if people have insurance and I'm sure that there are many that don't how long is it before they see anything from them. It's like where do you go, what do you do? I really feel for these people especially the folks with kids and pets. Hoping that your wife is doing well my friend, be safe.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's got to be real tough on some people that have no family or no where to run to in times like this. Even if people have insurance and I'm sure that there are many that don't how long is it before they see anything from them. It's like where do you go, what do you do? I really feel for these people especially the folks with kids and pets. Hoping that your wife is doing well my friend, be safe.
People really stepped in to help. There are shelters set up as well as pet shelters. National Guard air lifted some round bails into some cattle that were cut off do to flood waters. Governor is trying to get areas that flooded declared disaster areas so fema can come in and assist..

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geez Daren, that’s some of the stuff I saw on Weather Channel other day.....
You guys stay dry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We’ve been wet right along, but nothing heavy...until last night.
This was our road last night.
We lost about a yard of our driveway, otherwise fine.
Not the same for a couple neighbors....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Not saying its been wet around here but today I saw a guy walking his goldfish

Lycomech96

Equipment
B2601, loader, backhoe
Nov 12, 2018
Williamsport, PA, USA
I'm 1 1/2 hours south of NY State line. I dumped 4.75 inches out of my gauge this morning that accumulated since Sunday. It is pouring again right now. Yesterday afternoon my back yard looked like your road. I have lived here since 1975 and never saw run off like that. Anybody in the mold removal business ought to have a banner year.

Lycomech96

Equipment
B2601, loader, backhoe
Nov 12, 2018
Williamsport, PA, USA
Been reading articles about the flooding in the upper Midwest... They say that over half of those farms will not see production this year. The number of farms out of production across the nation is high. Hopefully, with full silos, thanks to the trade war, they'll be able to move that grain. But, this Fall, there won't be a crop come harvest time from many farms. Expect higher food prices for a year or two...

What are you guys seeing from your farm neighbors?
This year might be a good opportunity to get ethanol out of our gasoline and put it back in the food chain where it belongs.
My neighbor showed me his sweet cherry crop today. All split due to too much rain.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Over in Central Ohio, northwest of Columbus about an hour. Since last Saturday we've had over 9" in the rain gauge. Some of the daily totals

Saturday 3.5
Sunday 1
Monday 1.2
Tuesday 1.5
Wednesday 2.7
Thursday 1.3

The storms pop and sit dumping rain for several hours. The photo's are from Wednesday trying to get back home. Lucky for us we were on the fringe of that storm. A mile or so northwest they got over 5". Pictures are from a little drainage ditch that you can jump across any normal year. Further down the road, there were a lot of culverts washed out and lying across the roadway. Water is powerful.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Got almost an inch in the rain gauge yesterday. I still have not cut any hay and I don't see that happening in the near future. Going to be a one cut year I'm afraid. Hay (forage) prices are through the roof here. Small squares (if you can get any) are averaging 10 bucks each and rounds are running 50 per.

Those are mid winter prices, not growing season prices.

If you like meat, fish or poultry, better buy it now and freeze it because in the fall and winter, grocery prices are going to skyrocket. I suspect meat prices will at least double and grain derived products like cooking oil and cereal will double as well.

As usual I've sold my entire hay crop in advance but I cannot cut it. Will be an interesting fall.

I did not plant one acre of row crops. My fields are just too wet to even consider it. Least I can collect crop insurance, it's not much but it's something. Farmers who rent ground are in a big hurt because land rent payments, like equipment payments don't stop just because the weather isn't conducive for growing row crops.

Lots of row croppers and livestock producers will be in dire straights very soon.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
This year might be a good opportunity to get ethanol out of our gasoline and put it back in the food chain where it belongs.
My neighbor showed me his sweet cherry crop today. All split due to too much rain.
Corn liquor has never been and will never be viable additive for gasoline. You can thank Obama and his minions for that.

The problem with using corn derived alcohol as a motor fuel additive is, it's not cost effective to produce and without government subsidies to support the distillers, they would all be bankrupt.

Besides the negative effects of corn liquor in gasoline (water retention and stabilization issues over the long term and the necessity to use additives all the time), it's just not any long term solution for pollution.

Far as harvesting corn to distill into alcohol, American farmers leave the the majority of the alcohol producing sugar in the field. The stalk and leaves of a hybrid corn plant produce the bulk of the sugar, not the kernels.

In Europe the entire plant is chopped and converted to corn liquor but American farmers are geared to combine only the cob and separate the kernels and waste the rest of the plant.

Finally, not all field corn is viable for alcohol production, only certain varieties so farmers that grown it are locked into certain varieties and those varieties are substantially more expensive.

I've never raised e-corn and never will. Not that I planted any corn this year. The planing window for corn essentially ended last month. 85 day corn is finished around here and beans needed to be in the ground by the 15th of this month. Some got planted on high ground but most didn't.

Going to be a very interesting fall and winter coming up.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I'm 1 1/2 hours south of NY State line. I dumped 4.75 inches out of my gauge this morning that accumulated since Sunday. It is pouring again right now. Yesterday afternoon my back yard looked like your road. I have lived here since 1975 and never saw run off like that. Anybody in the mold removal business ought to have a banner year.
Been so wet and rained so much here in SE Michigan, I have mushrooms growing in between the deck boards on the back deck.:D

What I'm concerned about is, if this weather pattern continues into late fall and winter, how much snow are we going to get? Remember, 1/12th of an inch of rain equals 1" of snow. If this trend continues, I can see being snowbound for days or weeks at a time out here in the boonies.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Better stock up on liquor, cigars, diesel fuel, pringles, firewood and peanut butter now . I mean your old and retired what else do you have to do :D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Last edited:

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
George W. Bush signed the law into effect that stuck us with ethanol gas, not Obama. It was his father that raised the taxes on Freon and forced R-134 down our throats.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Speaking of weather, any reports you hear on melting polar ice appear to be totally fabricated. I know you are surprised. (Rewind to the beginning if necessary. When I checked it, it kept starting about 3/4 of the way through...)

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntv3gaduGRM&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntv3gaduGRM&feature=youtu.be[/URL]

There is a difference between fabricated data, which these reports do not seem to be, and inappropriate interpretations. The speaker in tne video is just as guilty of cherry picking data points as the people he is criticizing. Unfortunately neither practice leads us to the truth. No single weather event proves or disproves the likelihood that significant climate change is occurring. However man is doing an outstanding job of contaminating the environment and "exceeding the carrying capacity of the range". Common sense would suggest that those polluting practices are a bad idea.