Weather

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geez, probably spitting snow up on the hill tonight and tomorrow.....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
Nice here in Alabama, headed to Dauphin Island Wednesday morning to do some gulf fishing.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nice here in Alabama, headed to Dauphin Island Wednesday morning to do some gulf fishing.
We visited Dauphin island last summer. Had a great time till me and the grandsons got some baby jellies in our britches :eek::eek: Wife about passed out from laughter when me and the boys jumped up in the water, pulled our britches out to inspect the damage :eek::p:p Then the three of us were hugging the showers up on the boardwalk getting rid of them suckers.

We had no idea baby jellyfish could fit through the netting in our swim trunks. :rolleyes:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Dauphin is a nice place. Flew into that little airport to visit a cousin years ago just in time to be hit with one of the worst rainstorms outside of a hurricane. We ate at a restaurant on docks and watched boats pitch-around 2-3 feet. Fortunately our little Cessna 170B was unhurt but what a downpour!

Rented bicycles and toured the island for a few days. Really enjoyed the old forts. Didn't realize across the bay was not only a Civil War fort but also a different post-Revolutionary one as well to guard against the Spanish (who owned Florida at the time.)

Great seafood and views.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Its been so wet here I'm going to have to mow tonight with the old cub cadet.

B2601 will tear things up too much , I told my wife that her tractor is just to heavy... BX1880 would be bad too i'm thinking.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Does Kubota make an airboat? Thinking about getting that or a hovercraft to get around the property. Last year was the wettest on record and this year is staying in the same cycle. One day dry, 2 days rain. I was able to get out and mow along the drive, the septic field and road. Everything else is a bog with standing water. I fell a huge green ash in January and am kicking myself for not cutting the main trunk up and extracting it then... Way too wet to think about getting it now

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
These guys got the mud season all figured out:
(Caution Librulz, this video has American Flags and hot girls, you may be offended)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Some of those old boys got big hammers in dem mudders

Last edited:

DThrash

Lifetime Member

Equipment
7030SU MX 4700
Sep 29, 2015
Eutaw AL
Nice weather here in Dauphin Island. Caught lots of fish, few nice sharks and headed back home tomorrow .

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
:)
All traces were gone in probably 3 hrs.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Its the end of the world as we know it,,,, I feel fine:D
They can cherry pick anything and make it look like the truth, all one needs do is follow the money to find the truth.

I'm retired and have no money...

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
The Rain just won't Stop. So many Missions on Hold. Too Darn Wet to get out back...

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I’m not sure where we are on the amount of rain we’ve had this year verses years past but the farms here are really struggling to get crops in the ground.

I brought the L3800 over to the house, it’s usaully stored in my barn 15 miles away, to finish some dirt work after having a pool installed. We had a very large dirt pile left over that I needed to spread out, then build a fence, followed by a deck. I was able to get the dirt about 95% spread, just have one high spot but the rain has kept me completing the job. It just won’t dry out long enough and the area is heavily shaded so it’s taking even longer to dry.

Last week, Tuesday I think the forecast called for 5 days of rain. I took a half a day off, rented a one man auger and was able to get 8 post in the ground and 6 fence panels up before it started raining. It’s just a muddy mess now and I want this project done ASAP. It looks like I’m going to have to start the deck instead of finishing the fence as the area where the deck is to sit will dry much faster than where the rest of the fence is supposed to go. I suppose as long as I’m moving forward it will all get done soon enough but I’m ready for some bikinis to enjoy the pool. Lol.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I’m not sure where we are on the amount of rain we’ve had this year verses years past but the farms here are really struggling to get crops in the ground.
Been reading articles about the flooding in the upper Midwest... They say that over half of those farms will not see production this year. The number of farms out of production across the nation is high. Hopefully, with full silos, thanks to the trade war, they'll be able to move that grain. But, this Fall, there won't be a crop come harvest time from many farms. Expect higher food prices for a year or two...

What are you guys seeing from your farm neighbors? We have a guy out here who winters from his Iowa spread. Reportedly, his farm is 75 by 150 miles... (!!!!) Can't wait to see if he is able to get much going. May take all summer to get the fields ready for next year.

And this same flooding happened about 20 years ago. I remember flying into St Louis and the junctions of the Des Moines and Illinois Rivers with the Mississippi Rivers was a veritable sea. The Des Moines was many miles wide as it came in from the Northwest. What a disaster.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Lots of flooding here. Since I work for a pump rental company, my butt has been running.

New Blaine Arkansas

From interstate 30 of North Little Rock

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's some from Morrilton arkansas.

Little Rock Arkansas