L3200 adding BH77

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Got a quote from my dealer for the BH77 and subframe kit for $8500. Wondering if that’s a decent price and what others paid. And how do you guys like it on the L series?

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Got a quote from my dealer for the BH77 and subframe kit for $8500. Wondering if that’s a decent price and what others paid. And how do you guys like it on the L series?
Mine was $8250 before tax. The thumb I opted for was $515. I've only had the tractor a week, so no chance to use the backhoe. I suspect I will like it. I don't see how it can be worse than a shovel. :D

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thank you, I don’t feel too bad about the price then compared to yours since you got it new with your tractor. My tractor was originally purchased from the dealer I went to but not by me.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Thanks md, I couldn’t find the price breakdown on the Kubota site like you showed. Guessing my dealer is in line with the price with the hoe, subframe kit, and 16” bucket. Does the subframe kit come with the hoses and everything to install it? The salesman I talked to didn’t really know a whole lot about it, every question I had he said I’ll ask my manager.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Thanks md, I couldn***8217;t find the price breakdown on the Kubota site like you showed. Guessing my dealer is in line with the price with the hoe, subframe kit, and 16***8221; bucket. Does the subframe kit come with the hoses and everything to install it? The salesman I talked to didn***8217;t really know a whole lot about it, every question I had he said I***8217;ll ask my manager.
Yes, the sub-frame kit come with the hoses,seat, pedestal and bracket to move the toolbox.

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
They told me it could be 4-6 weeks. He won***8217;t know until it gets ordered on Tuesday.
It took three weeks for the subframe to show up for my BH77. Kubota has had a banner year for sales, everything is delayed due to demand.

If you dig, you will love the BH77, I couldnt be more pleased (at least not without moving up to a mini).

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The BH77 is a decent hoe for a compact tractor. It's no construction hoe by any means, but can get the job done.

I've noticed that I really have to be careful with what I'm doing with it as it easily overpowers the weight of the tractor. It will throw around the rear of the B series quickly and with very little effort. The bucket cylinder has quite a bit of power and will easily drag you into the hole if you're not careful. :eek:

It may be less of a problem with an L series since you likely have an extra 1000 lbs over the B2650.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The BH77 is a decent hoe for a compact tractor. It's no construction hoe by any means, but can get the job done.

I've noticed that I really have to be careful with what I'm doing with it as it easily overpowers the weight of the tractor. It will throw around the rear of the B series quickly and with very little effort. The bucket cylinder has quite a bit of power and will easily drag you into the hole if you're not careful. :eek:

It may be less of a problem with an L series since you likely have an extra 1000 lbs over the B2650.
I was worried about the extra weight of the L after watching a YouTube video of a guy digging a stump and snapping the stabilizer and cylinder off of it with a b2650. I’ve never ran a backhoe before but he was doing things I don’t think he should have been.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I was worried about the extra weight of the L after watching a YouTube video of a guy digging a stump and snapping the stabilizer and cylinder off of it with a b2650. I’ve never ran a backhoe before but he was doing things I don’t think he should have been.
Yep, I'm familiar with that video. You could see that the stabilizers were bending quite a bit before it actually let go. I keep a constant watch on them when I'm digging. They are definitely the weakest link in the BH77 set up.

It also helps a little bit if you can dig from the downhill side of the hole when possible.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Yep, I'm familiar with that video. You could see that the stabilizers were bending quite a bit before it actually let go. I keep a constant watch on them when I'm digging. They are definitely the weakest link in the BH77 set up.

It also helps a little bit if you can dig from the downhill side of the hole when possible.
My thinking would be put tractor in 4wd, lock parking brake, put stabilizers down just enough to where it doesn’t pick the tractor off the ground and stick the edge of the bucket into the ground just enough the front doesn’t come off the ground. Would that be a good idea or not?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
My thinking would be put tractor in 4wd, lock parking brake, put stabilizers down just enough to where it doesn’t pick the tractor off the ground and stick the edge of the bucket into the ground just enough the front doesn’t come off the ground. Would that be a good idea or not?
It will help when digging "holes". However, it's inconvenient when digging trenches. For those, I leave the tractor in neutral and use the hoe to push the tractor forward to keep digging the trench. You just have to raise the bucket and stabilizers slightly. Often times you can just use enough down pressure on the boom to raise the machine high enough off of the stabilizers and push yourself along the trench.

My problem this weekend was I was digging holes for deck piers. I wanted to keep the hole diameter to a minimum but still had to get down 3 feet in clay. Sono tubes were 12" and I have a 16" bucket. So, I was using very little dipper and all bucket. That was pulling/pushing me around quite a bit.

each job is different and you'll develop the skills required for each in no time at all.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Salesman just called me the back hoe came in today! He told me 4-6 weeks when it got ordered last Tuesday, I’ll take it lol. Picking it up after work and hopefully start on the install if this storm passes quickly.