About to purchase a L2501 HST

VirginiaBound

Jun 19, 2019
Virginia
I am located in Virginia.

$15,200 L2501 HST 4X4
$4800 LA 525 with quick bins, bucket and 3rd function valve
$1000 BB2560 Box Blade

$1719 for KTAC insurance, $1134 for tax.

About $24,000 out of the door?

Does this sound about right? Seems a bit high compared to what others have posted. Willing to drive for the right price.

Last edited:

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I just had my L2501 HST 4X4 delivered last week.

Tractor price: $13,656
LA525 loader with quick attach bucket: $4,550
Third function was $725

Total: $18931

That's pre-tax price.

I would say that's pretty close to your price. I also had cruise control added and have a backhoe on it as well, but no other implements were purchased. R4 tires were also filled.

Total price tax and all for that was $28,650

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Ah, I wondered what tires you had, which is why I mentioned the R4s.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
One thing I just dealt with trying to “shop” around was trying to get a quote from a well recommended dealer from some members here, they told me due to recent policy changes with Kubota, they are focusing on a smaller geographical area. Don’t know if that’s true or if they are just blowing me off. But shopping around three dealers within 2 hrs from here I had a quote of 18,500, 19,700, and 20,800. Not a 2501.

VirginiaBound

Jun 19, 2019
Virginia
It's surprising that price can be so different among local dealers. I saved $3500 driving to Ga for a Polaris Rzr vs my local dealer.

I am not trying to be cheap (obviously, as I'm buying a quality brand) but just want to make sure I'm buying at fair market value.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Another thing to consider would be dealer support down the road, be it warranty work, maintenance, or whatever. I been in the auto world and not saying all dealers are the same but dealers tend to favor you more if you buy from them and service with them. Like in your case if you drive a few hours to buy a tractor and something happens to it under warranty, then you take it to your local dealer for them to fix it. Yeah they will probably fix it since it’s part of being a franchise dealer, but are they going to drop everything right now to do it for you or is it going to sit there until they get time to work it in?

Not trying to tell you to over pay for the tractor and have no idea about the price you were quoted, just some info about dealerships. Unfourtunaty:(

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
No, I understand completely. I do understand prices can vary across the nation. I told my dealer I would either buy or walk according to what price he quoted me. I had researched online and felt like I had a good idea on the price. I felt the price I was given for all the items I mentioned was on par with what I had researched, but I did not feel it was a steal. I probably should have asked for a lower price, but I also wanted to buy locally if possible and did not have too big a problem with paying a bit more for dealer support in hopes it will be reciprocal if needed. All the 2501s I saw at my dealer were equipped with R4s. Since I was purchasing a backhoe, I was wanting that anyway. I don't think my dealer would have wanted to put ag tires on it if I asked since they were all R4 equipped and he probably wanted to sell the machines like they were, but I am sure he would have. He did tell me he was quoting me the price of the tractor before the price increase. (I think Kubota raised prices in April) I just have to take his word on that. But, there is certainly no harm in asking for a better price.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
If you're going to be doing a lot of loader and backhoe work the R4 tires are the way to go.

VirginiaBound

Jun 19, 2019
Virginia
This is a very good point. This dealer has already expressed they will service other dealers tractors last, over any other warranty work or new tractor work from their dealer.

I'm not the kind to take things back to the dealer, unless something major fails. I would think if the dealer is within a few hours, it wouldn't be a hassle towing back to them.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
In my view the service department is busy or quiet. If it's quiet, they do whatever work you bring to them. If it's busy, they service their best customers first, and those who have urgent need. Usually I would have thought that was bigger ag equipment - someone who buys 3 tractors a year from them will get priority, everyone else will go in the queue.

In that queue, the difference between last and second to last place might be whether you bought the tractor from them originally. But I'm not sure it's the difference between first and last on a tractor that's at the low end of what they sell.