Got It - B7100 4X4 HST

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Well I made the 6 hour one way drive and looked at a B7100 for sale in NE Oklahoma. It had 199 hours on it when I got there and it looked almost new. Equipment dealer had it and said he took it in on trade from an 87 year old gentleman. It had a diesel leak coming from fuel line but all else looked good. Only damage I could find was on the back metal where the 3 point or something had made contact and bent it a little - my L3301 had that after day two with the quick hitch :eek: The front lights also have deteriorating plastic so they will not stay in the fixtures - hope I can get those.

Came with an almost new looking box blade. Time for a good cleaning and some minor fixing and will be almost too pretty to use :D

Thanks for all of the advice I have received from site members - very helpful and appreciated. Now to hunt down a WSM and parts manual and have some fun!

Attachments

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
VERY nice, what a find! Have many, many enjoyable hours together, they are a great tractor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Take good care of her, and he may be in the same boat with his 8 year old son!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Well I made the 6 hour one way drive and looked at a B7100 for sale in NE Oklahoma. It had 199 hours on it when I got there and it looked almost new. Equipment dealer had it and said he took it in on trade from an 87 year old gentleman. It had a diesel leak coming from fuel line but all else looked good. Only damage I could find was on the back metal where the 3 point or something had made contact and bent it a little - my L3301 had that after day two with the quick hitch :eek: The front lights also have deteriorating plastic so they will not stay in the fixtures - hope I can get those.

Came with an almost new looking box blade. Time for a good cleaning and some minor fixing and will be almost too pretty to use :D

Thanks for all of the advice I have received from site members - very helpful and appreciated. Now to hunt down a WSM and parts manual and have some fun!
Looks great.

The headlamp lenses in my B1750 have also long since yellowed. I investigated replacing them but they are very expensive. Someday, I may try the polishing route.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Looks great.

The headlamp lenses in my B1750 have also long since yellowed. I investigated replacing them but they are very expensive. Someday, I may try the polishing route.

SDT
Crest Super Whtening Toothpaste and a soft cloth and some elbow grease will make the yellow vanish.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Very nice unit. Had one like to as my very first Kubota and I had a mower with mine. Wish I still had it, sadly I don't.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Congratulations on the new tractor! It looks great and should serve you well. I can see wanting a manual to teach the 8 year old about clutches but the hst is really easy to use - if adjusted to have no creep at neutral. :)

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
I paid $4,800 which I consider a little high for this model/year with just a box blade but it was in such good shape I just could not leave it there. In the grand scheme of things when you compare it to the cost of a new lawn tractor with a gas engine it probably is the deal of the century. I expect I will be passing this on to one of my boys.

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Congratulations on the new tractor! It looks great and should serve you well. I can see wanting a manual to teach the 8 year old about clutches but the hst is really easy to use - if adjusted to have no creep at neutral. :)
I was really wanting(and still do) a gear drive model but I rationalized that for my 8 year old this would be a better option since it will stop when you take your foot off of the pedal and it was just in such good shape!