B7100 HST questions prior to purchase

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
I have found one to look at - it is a B7100 HST with 190 hours - pictures make it look brand new. The guy that has it now is a Mahindra dealer and took it on trade. Comes with a 4' box blade. It is a 4X4 with turf tires.

The guy that has it said he replaced the injection pump because it was "slow" - not sure I understand this.

I was really looking for a 6100 or 7100 but hate to miss another one.

He is asking $5,000 - what should I be looking out for.

It is about a 6 hour one way drive to get it.

Thanks in advance for any information - hope I can get this one if it checks out.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have found one to look at - it is a B7100 HST with 190 hours - pictures make it look brand new. The guy that has it now is a Mahindra dealer and took it on trade. Comes with a 4' box blade. It is a 4X4 with turf tires.

The guy that has it said he replaced the injection pump because it was "slow" - not sure I understand this.

I was really looking for a 6100 or 7100 but hate to miss another one.

He is asking $5,000 - what should I be looking out for.

It is about a 6 hour one way drive to get it.

Thanks in advance for any information - hope I can get this one if it checks out.
190 hours is hard to believe, especially as it needed a new injection pump. IIRC, the 7100 has only a 3 digit hour meter. Be suspicious.

Depending upon where you are, you might want to consider the one I mentioned for $4,000 in the other 7100 thread. It looks good and has a MMM. It's at a dealer in the Quad Cities. Not associated in any way.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
190 hours is hard to believe, especially as it needed a new injection pump. IIRC, the 7100 has only a 3 digit hour meter. Be suspicious.

Depending upon where you are, you might want to consider the one I mentioned for $4,000 in the other 7100 thread. It looks good and has a MMM. It's at a dealer in the Quad Cities. Not associated in any way.

SDT
Correction: The B7100 has a 4 digit hour meter.

I'd still be suspicious of 190 hours.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was also really wanting a gear drive tractor but have not located any good ones locally - do the HSTs hold up.
Yep the HST's in these are pretty tough, I have 2 here, If you were closer I'd sell ya one! ;)

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
What do you want to do with it? Does it have the attachments you need? Maybe more important than the transmission.

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Thanks NIW - beautiful country you live in - it would almost be worth the drive:)

I am a little suspicious of the hours but in the pictures the tractor looks almost new so we will see. Guy said he took it in on trade from an older gentleman on a newer tractor so I am hoping it is an almost new 20 year old tractor.

Going to make the drive to look at it in the morning. I will let you know how it turns out and attach pictures.

Forester45

Equipment
L3301DT
Sep 22, 2016
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
This is almost more of a want than need. I have a L3301 with loader/box blade and brush hog for the bigger jobs but I do have some wet spots in the yard that I was thinking a lighter tractor with a cutter would maybe be able to mow where the larger tractor leaves ruts. Plus it would be a good learner for my 8 year old.

But mostly just because I always wanted one!