Hydraulic problem

MarkRinze

Equipment
Tractor Mod L3202DT
Apr 22, 2018
Chiang Mai Thialand
Hello , I'm Mark a retired Australian carpenter, living in Chiang Mai Thialand
I bought a Kubota L3202DT , with a front blade, The hydraulic system was a bit slow on lifting the blade, So I took it to a workshop,, and the pump was removed, ruptured O Rings, I was looking at, ( over here is a very difficult place to find genuine parts of anything,,,, all cheap copies). I wanted the best quality,,
I got home and started using the blade 20 mins later the blade was not responding and Oil was pouring out of the engine breather, upon inspection the gearbox was empty and the sump full, took the pump off myself and ,the same
Situation ruptured O rings, I took the pump to a Kubota dealer and they replaced the 4 O rings, Put it back together The 2nd engine & gearbox full of oil ,20 mins later oil out the breather, !!!!!!! I enlisted the services of a new person who came out put a few pressure gauges of sorts and informed Me the pump was no good, When the Mechanic at Kubota had replaced the rings, A new pump went on and more oil in 20 mins later oil out the breather,
I've really had enough , I pulled off the new pump and noticed that the circling and pump drive shaft seal were (obviously due to pressure) blown off and the hydraulic oil is being pumped into the engine via the hole in the rear of the pump ????
I really would appreciate some input here, , The one thing I think ,,,,but not sure ,,under the seat is a knob that I have no idea what it's for, .possibly been played with by the 1st worker.
Regards Mark

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
My first guess would be that your hoses/valves or relief are hooked up incorrectly somewhere and the pump is not able to relieve itself and is blowing out the seals.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you say new pump installed and it also blew the seals out of it?
Or was it the old pump just rebuilt?

If so then yes you have something causing the pump to dead head, like 100 td said, either a problem with hose routing or a stuck pressure relief valve. ;)

The knob under the set adjusts the drop speed and will not cause you issues with blowing the pump seals no mater which way it's adjusted. :)