B2650 HST pedal

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Has anyone had theirs stick in the forward direction?

I just had that half of the tractor apart and the issue is whatever is inside the tunnel.... And unless I'm missing something, it looks like the tractor has to almost be split to get to it....

It so notchy that I have to hit the pedal on the reverse side to get it to return to neutral....

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Someone make my night and tell me the pedal and its bits are part of the power train.....

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I just had that half of the tractor apart and the issue is whatever is inside the tunnel.... ..
I know you're no rookie....

Sure it's not something with the damper (if it has one)? If so, you've ruled everything out....

Gosh.....I'm just reaching, but since it's not a linkage/maintenance problem, it's GOT to be drivetrain, doesn't it?!?!?

I certainly hope so, and keep us posted!!

Best wishes!!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
It is not the damper. I took it off and it functions as it should. The pedal linkage was still notchy without the damper installed....

What ever it is, its inside the tunnel. The pedal attaches to an arm and the arm goes down to a rod that goes through the side of the tunnel. There has to be a bearing riding on something in there....

I just found a WSM online, but it doesn't show this area blown up and I cant find anywhere in the manual that talks about it....

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Thanks for the ideas....

Its got to be linkage related... Problem is the culprit appears to be in a place that is inaccessible without some serious disassembly....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Call your dealer, to me that is part of the power train, as it does control the power to the ground. ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
What ever it is, its inside the tunnel.
Figured you had it isolated.

I'm with Wolfman....gotta be drivetrain.

No idea about Kubota warranty, but pedals and external linkages can be bent/busted/buggered up by careless operation or maintenance. I doubt you've done any of those things.

This is different.

Again, best wishes my friend.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Found it...

I wasn't thinking about the other side of the tractor....

The HST pedal connects to a shaft that goes to the left side of the tractor to engage the cruise. The notched plate for the cruise was catching on the arm that is for setting the cruise.

Looks like I need to see why the cruise plate isn't fully returning home. Likely just needs to be lubed.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I wasn't thinking about the other side of the tractor....
The other side of the story.....:p:p

Glad it worked out, or hoping it all works out now!!!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Alright.... Final update....

Ultimately what it ended up being was the linkage that kicks the cruise off when the brake is applied. Somehow it started to bind and not allow the notched plate to fully return home.

Interestingly, as I was removing it permanently, because I never use the cruise, it started to look like there was no reason it should be binding. Everything was lining up right. So after removing it, I reinstalled it and it's working as it should.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Well, it's back. Plugged the tractor in around 8am. Started it around 1030 then came inside to get dressed. My son says the tractors moving across the yard.

I'm uploading a couple videos and will post when they are ready.

This is a real safety issue.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
HOLY SMOKES!!!!:eek::eek:

Something's also awry with safety switch(es) too, right?

OPC, neutral position, etc.?.?.?

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Was your brake on? Good thing the shed door was open and that your son was observant. Strange that it would start having the same issue after so many months had gone by.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
HOLY SMOKES!!!!:eek::eek:

Something's also awry with safety switch(es) too, right?

OPC, neutral position, etc.?.?.?
Safety switches work.... The pedal doesn't travel far enough forward to come off the neutral safety switch or trigger the operator presence switch.

Was your brake on? Good thing the shed door was open and that your son was observant. Strange that it would start having the same issue after so many months had gone by.
No, the brake wasn't on because if I set the brake, the pedal creeps forward and the tractor sits in place with pressure on the hydrostat.

Its been creeping for awhile... I can modulate it while sitting on the tractor. This is the first time Ive started it to let it warm up and found it in the middle of the yard.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I should start a new thread.... This issue isn't related to the issue that started this thread. However, there are a couple others that have encountered whats causing the pedal to not return to neutral or creep forward from the neutral position.

EDIT: Iv moved to a more suitable thread. Should help with an internet search if anyone else finds/resolves the same issue.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Safety switches work.... The pedal doesn't travel far enough forward to come off the neutral safety switch or trigger the operator presence switch..

Gotcha... see you moved to the other thread. Wise choice.

Gosh - eipo, wish you the best to get it fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk