BX1860 Rear Snowblower, Woodmaxx???

MNMike

Feb 18, 2018
MN
Here are a couple pictures of the business end, as I said it's in need of some maintenance, but it works great. Assuming it's been in service since 2002 it has held up pretty well in my opinion and has a lot of years left.

I plan to power wash it, paint most of it again, and grease everything up before I store it for the summer. Honestly, it's less maintenance than my old walk behind required for a more effective machine. I realize that's not really an apples to apples comparison, but when I was looking for a BX this past winter, the snowblower was a big factor for just those reasons. I figured if I was going to have a tractor anyway, getting the snowblower implement was well worth the money if I could get rid of my old snowblower. One less engine to maintain.

Attachments

Willie1

Equipment
BX2370
Apr 17, 2015
Bruceton Mills, WV
I have a BX2370 which is a little more powerful than an 1860. Two years ago I bought a Woodmaxx SB48. Very heavily built machine. I wish now I would have gotten an SB60 but I was concerned about the extra 200lbs of weight on the end of the 3point (500 vs 700). But I think now the 2370 could have handled it. I modified mine for a gravel driveway by lining the blower housing and skid shoes with UHMW and turning the cutting edge upside down. Although I haven't had much opportunity to use it due to lack of snow, it seems to work well on the little bit of snow we have had the past two years.
Although I don't like the skid shoe setup, and may decide to change it in the future, it's a very heavy, well built machine.

Horsemanlife

Equipment
BX1860
Apr 19, 2018
East Bethel, MN, USA
I have a BX2370 which is a little more powerful than an 1860. Two years ago I bought a Woodmaxx SB48. Very heavily built machine. I wish now I would have gotten an SB60 but I was concerned about the extra 200lbs of weight on the end of the 3point (500 vs 700). But I think now the 2370 could have handled it. I modified mine for a gravel driveway by lining the blower housing and skid shoes with UHMW and turning the cutting edge upside down. Although I haven't had much opportunity to use it due to lack of snow, it seems to work well on the little bit of snow we have had the past two years.
Although I don't like the skid shoe setup, and may decide to change it in the future, it's a very heavy, well built machine.

Our tractors have the same lift capacity at the three point. Do you think my tractor could handle the sb60? Does your tractor Boggs at all from full loads of snow on the sb48?

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have a B7100 (similar HP) and a 52" Kubota-branded 3ph blower weighing in at 420lbs. It's great in light fluffy snow, and OK in heavy wet snow because I can feather the travel speed with the hydro. Moving big dense plow rows can be done at a crawl.

But it needed weight on the front bumper (before I added the FEL) to facilitate steering and I think that bigger would really be too much for the size of the tractor. I strongly suspect the same will apply to your little BX. Maybe it could be made to do it, but how long will it last before you break something? If you need the bigger blower, maybe you need a bigger tractor. But that's just my 2¢.