bx25d

bigbucks2014

Equipment
BX25D
Apr 18, 2014
United States
hello, new member, just bought new bx25d with several attachments.

took it out for the first time to plant a few trees and questioned the hydraulic power of the backhoe.

i feel like and expected a little more. i just sold a bobcat t200 with backhoe so i have a little experience with digging, but not much.

any tests i can do to make sure i don't have a problem.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Welcome to OTT.

Digging speed, and the perception of digging force, is related to RPM's. If you are following break in protocol, you shouldn't run the engine greater than 75% of max and not for extended periods until about the 50 hr mark.

What type of soil are you planting trees in?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
hello, new member, just bought new bx25d with several attachments.

took it out for the first time to plant a few trees and questioned the hydraulic power of the backhoe.

i feel like and expected a little more. i just sold a bobcat t200 with backhoe so i have a little experience with digging, but not much.

any tests i can do to make sure i don't have a problem.[/QUOTE

running at low rpms will hamper the hoe. Now maybe cranking the old girl up to 3500 might not be a good thing right now, but trying to dig a hole at 2200 is painful, goose it up to about 3000 and dig, back it down, then run it back up there. With 55 hours on mine, I see a huge difference between 2700 and 3200! And sometimes, rarely I push her to 3500, not long, and there is a difference.

it took be a while to get the hang of the how, teeth angle and what not. I feel fairly good now, but I rarely dig under 3200 rpms.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
If you really have doubts, put a pressure gauge on the pressure hose from the tractor. But first, remember that the backhoe strength is mostly in the wrist action at the bucket. The shoulder joint by the swing pivot is pretty strong. The elbow action in the middle didn't seem all that great. If you are seeing 2000+ psi in the hydraulic lines, you are OK. Just MHO.