Kubota b20 Hydraulics

firechief5215

Equipment
B20
Mar 17, 2014
delaware
Hi As you can see I am new to the site . I am chief of a vol. fire dept, in Delaware , We have a b20 Kubota tl420 loader with a bt750 hoe , We use it around our station for snow removal and odd end job We have been having a problem with the hydraulics for a long time now, If you are pushing snow and it starts bogging down you can bottom out the loader valve and it seems like it doubles the power. Also if you are going up a hill on the road and you move the valve it will increase the speed a lot. We are a small fire dept so we don't have the funds to take it to Kubota and have it repaired Thatns For all your Help Billy

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Welcome to OTT.

By bogging down do you mean the engine rpm's drop or the forward motion is degraded?

What do you mean by bottoming out the valve? And, when you say doubles the power, what is doubled? Engine rpm's, forward motion, etc.

Going up a hill, is the FEL just in a raised position and by moving the control lever in any of the four directions power seems to be doubled? What seems to be doubled?

Are you plowing or operating in high range?

Sorry for so many questions. Just trying to understand the problem better.

firechief5215

Equipment
B20
Mar 17, 2014
delaware
Sorry for the poor description I meant By bogging down it appears that the hydraulics starts losing power as if you started Appling the brakes. If you have the bucket curled all the way one way or the other and the tractor starts loosing power you can push the lever in the same direction as you did to curl the bucket and its like it sends the pressure to the drive train instead of the bucket cylinder since you have are ready fully curled the bucket backwards or forwards. it acts the hydraulic pressure in the valve body for the FEL is hogging the pressure and when you push the lever to curl the bucket back it opens a relief valve or something and gives the drive train more pressure as it is HST Thanks For Your Help and sorry for the poor description

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Let me see if I got this strait?
When using the loader the HST/speed of tractor slows down? Am I right in thinking that?
If it is then your problem should be fairly simple fix, change filters and fluid as your having a pressure reduction.
When was the last time that was done, and did they/you use a Kubota filter and UDT fluid? You hear a lot about filters failing and causing this kind of problem.
If that doesn't cure the problem then you'll have to get in and start breaking things down.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Agree with Wolfman's assessment. And, I'm not sure if there is a screen filter on the B20 hydraulic system but you may want to check for one and clean it while the fluid is out of the system. Couldn't agree more on using Kubota UDT fluid too. There is a difference.

For future reference, how many hours are on the tractor.

Thanks and good luck.