New Owner

Touque

Equipment
BX1870, 50" snow blower and grass catcher
Mar 13, 2014
Haverhill, MA
Hello Everyone,

Been lurking for a while and checking out new tractors for the new property I was borrowing a friends B7100 with a snow caster. Last weekend I bought a new BX1870 with front mount snow blower, 54" deck with grass catcher. We are just getting some snow today hope to try it out.

My question is do I need front weights when using the grass catcher? My lawn is sloped but is not that steep and in the areas it is I plan to drive down not up.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
Jim

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Jim: Nice going. Let us know how the snow blower works. Comment on traction. I would suspect you need rear weight when blowing snow.

BirdNerd

Equipment
BX2370, Wheelhorse 314-8, lots of Land Rovers and Gravely's
Jun 7, 2013
Hanson, MA
Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the new machine!
Is that Haverhill MA? I'm just North of Plymouth.

I don't have the grass catcher, but I'm anxious to hear how it works!! Looks like it's gonna be a while before we see green stuff!

Cheers,
BN

Touque

Equipment
Mar 13, 2014
Haverhill, MA
Hello BN,

I was able to test the snow bower today but it was only 3" of light stuff. I did not even use the 4x4.

We are up in MA. As soon as the white stuff is off the lawn I have allot to do. We just moved to a much bigger house and yard and we were not able to mow or remove all the leaves before it snowed. So I hope that vacuum will work nice, kind of better for the $$$.

So what type of BN are you wild or pets? We have 4, 2 Lories, a Cockatiel, and a Love Bird.

Cheers,
Jim

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Welcome to OTT!

A safe bet would be to mow several times befor you consider adding weights. After you get some experience under your belt with your new machine you may find you can do things differently than you initially imagined.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Welcome fellow MA and Kubota owner. Good choice. Have fun!

hy8ytjh98

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 with BX2750D snow blower, LA203A loader
Nov 1, 2013
Gorham, ME, USA
Hi. I also have a new BX1870. Almost 20 hours on it now, all blowing snow with BX2750D blower. I have loaded (RimGuard) rear tires, but no other rear weights. Snowblower works fine with just the loaded tires. If tires weren't loaded then rear weights probably would be needed.

Touque

Equipment
Mar 13, 2014
Haverhill, MA
Got the mower deck and the grass chatcher on and all adjusted. Took it for test ride (mow) and ended up doing the entire yard. I can't beleive how nice this is!!! I'm VERY happy with it! Now if she will run like this for the next 30 years...

My sister asked me it it was 18x better then her $1000 big box store mower? Now I can say.... HELL YA! Plus it has a 50" blower!

Jim

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I'm VERY happy with it! Now if she will run like this for the next 30 years...

My sister asked me it it was 18x better then her $1000 big box store mower? Now I can say.... HELL YA! Plus it has a 50" blower!

Jim
31 years and counting on my L275 and it hasn't had the easiest life. Just do the service as recommended and keep up on any repairs.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Got the mower deck and the grass chatcher on and all adjusted. Took it for test ride (mow) and ended up doing the entire yard. I can't beleive how nice this is!!! I'm VERY happy with it! Now if she will run like this for the next 30 years...

Jim
It's an easy yes! That tractor will last you through the end of your life. Also let her know that a 54" box store special will still run $3k and you'd probably need to buy 6 of them to equal the life of the kubota. Then you factor in Fuel
and that's even more money. Not to mention mowing is just one of many tasks it can accomplish.