My two latest attachment buys.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Some of you may remember that late last summer, i bought a 4' John Deere reverse tine tiller made for a large JD garden tractor and modified it to work on my BX. Over the winter, I took it apart, made a couple more minor modifications and gave it a fresh coat of paint and new decals. Total cost: Under $600.00 Before and after:

Attachments

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Re: My two latest attatchment buys.

IN October, I came across this Woods RD6000-2 60" finish mower on e-bay for $300.00. Once again, I took it apart, serviced and painted it and applied new decals. The only issue I had was that the lower three point mounts on the mower pivot up and down so the mower "floats" over the ground. In order for the short armed BX to pick this mower up off the ground, I had to weld in some stop blocks and limit the travel of the mounts about 30%. Total cost: about $360.00. Before and after:

Attachments

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM

Nice work Bob!

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada

Nice work. There is something that appeals to me seeing some old equipment brought back to life in such fine fashion.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY

Some of you may remember that late last summer, i bought a 4' John Deere reverse tine tiller made for a large JD garden tractor and modified it to work on my BX. Over the winter, I took it apart, made a couple more minor modifications and gave it a fresh coat of paint and new decals. Total cost: Under $600.00 Before and after:

Both implements look great! Quickly question about the tiller and modifying it, what needed to be done to accommodate going from JD to Kubota? Locally, there is a guy that has a very nice 4’ JD tiller that I’m very interested in but need to know what needs to happen to work on my BX. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snowmansimon

Dec 31, 2015
Canada

What do you use for paint on these? I struggle when it comes to finding a paint that will last. I need to figure out how a paint gun works maybe to find a more durable paint.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

What do you use for paint on these? I struggle when it comes to finding a paint that will last. I need to figure out how a paint gun works maybe to find a more durable paint.
Paint gun isn't bad to use. It's just the mixing with the hardener, and thinner to get it to flow through the gun. A high volume, low pressure gun works really well. You don't get as much over spray as you would through a high pressure gun. And the learning curve for it, isn't really difficult.

I used a cheap high volume low pressure gun from harbour freight to paint my Tractor using a single stage acrylic paint from Sherwin Williams. It's designed for heavy equipment so it's a spray and forget it. Holds up really good. Only issue with the paint was the price.

Next thing I paint, I'll be really shopping around for the paint ;)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Nice job, they look great. The orange John Deere is "interesting".

Dieselbob

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN

Both implements look great! Quickly question about the tiller and modifying it, what needed to be done to accommodate going from JD to Kubota? Locally, there is a guy that has a very nice 4’ JD tiller that I’m very interested in but need to know what needs to happen to work on my BX. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sorry I didn't get on this sooner. In this case, this tiller was made for a 400 Deere that used the mid PTO and then an auxiliary gear box on the back that made the PTO input speed to the tiller about 840 RPM instead of 540. I had to change one of the chain sprockets to speed up the tiller to make up the difference in input speed. If you do a little search in this section. you will find a complete explanation with pictures.

Dieselbob

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN

Nice job, they look great. The orange John Deere is "interesting".
Well, I don't like to deny the origins of my implements, but I DO like them to match the tractor. I figure if Land Pride can sell implements in different colors to match the tractor, I can do it too. :)

Dieselbob

Equipment
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN

I used Tallman's AG paint, mixed it with hardener and rolled/brushed it on. Frankly, the results were pretty lousy, so I ended up spraying on a top coat to make the finish look acceptable. Despite assurances from Tallman's, it was VERY hard to apply by hand and the results were VERY disappointing. I'd recommend spraying it .