What did I get myself into

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
Well my B26 is up on jacks in the garage as I’m waiting for parts to come in (new oil seals for the front axels, new seal kits for the rear stabilizers) and I started poking around to try and locate a hydraulic leak that has been haunting me for a year. So next thing I know the rear tire and fender are sitting on the floor and I am disconnecting the loader stick and linkage to get access and be able to remove the loader valve.:eek: So I got it out and it now sits in the vise. From what I can tell it looks as if the leak is coming from the top where the two linkages connect. I looked up the component breakdown and it looks like there are some o rings and seals that I can replace. Now that I have it out is rebuilding it something I should attempt or should I bring it to the dealer and have it done.
If it is a shade tree mechanic repair and anyone has some experience or input to guide me through it please reply away.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The valves are pretty strait forward and easy to replace the few seal that are in it.
Just keep all the parts in the same order and orientation as they come out. ;)

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
mvwood,

In all my years in industry working on hydraulic systems I have used many different types of caps, plugs, colored tape, tags, wire ties etc. to identify and keep hydraulic lines clean while performing repairs. Now that I am retired and all those items are not readily available in all the sizes one might need I am impress with your balloons, inexpensive, color coded and keeps the connections clean. Thank you for the idea, I stopped at the dollar store and bought some today.

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
OK so I’m going to post my progress on this repair as this will be my first time attempting it and hopefully I can help others as much as all of you have helped me. I got the valve on the bench today and did a good cleaning to start. I ordered the seal kit and it will take a couple days to get so I figured I would take everything apart to see what I was in for. I took some pics for a visual. The fourth picture shows the top seal which I believe to be the leaking seal. The fifth picture shows the bottom seal and o-ring all of which come in the kit.

Attachments

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
Just an update on the leaking pump. The o ring kit came in on Friday and I was able to get the two valves pulled out and while I was at it I replaced all the o rings on the angle connections for all the hydraulic lines also. 8 in total. I got it all back together on Saturday morning and used her to pull out and replant some boxwood bushes on the property. I'm happy to report no drips on the garage floor as of today so I think I found the issue!!:D