BX-Size Pallet Forks

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
I needed a set of pallet forks to load and unload a 250 gallon water tote (empty) into and out of my pickup. I looked into commercial ones, noted that they tend to be $400-$500 a pair, and are much too heavy-duty for a little squirt like a BX1850. So, being the cheap so-and-so I am, I built a pair, and after a bit of tweaking find they work beautifully.

The loader is rated for ~500 lb, and the pair of forks weighs maybe 50-60 lb. The closest commercially-available clamp-on ones are much heavier than that, and reinforced 2" square tubing is plenty strong for this kind of machine. I've posted the pictures of them as they sit in case anyone else would want to build their own, maybe you can improve the design for your application (I can only imagine the beautiful fab job Wildfire would do on something like this!).

I'm into it for ~$60 in steel, 3 hours cutting and welding and now need a $10 can of spray paint. Only question now is Tremclad Black or Kubota Orange . . . .?:D

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
someone should design a light duty 4-in-one bucket for the BX Bet we could sell lots of them if they were around 800- 1200 bucks! A electric ram would be just fine on a little tractor like that.

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Sorry, Vic - I used to work for GM, but now I work for a Chrysler dealer (which, apparently is only marginally more secure as a career . . . ) Maybe I should see how close Hemi Orange is to Kubota Orange . . . of course black is probably easier to touch up.

And eserv, I totally agree. That is the only thing the "green tractor" I was looking at had over this one was a detachable bucket. Who knows, maybe the aftermarket will come along some day.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Sorry, Vic - I used to work for GM, but now I work for a Chrysler dealer.
My gosh man you crossed over to the dark side :mad::D

I used to work for a GM dealership as well one time. Just wanted to stop in a say I like what you did with the forks set up. My vote is black on the forks :cool:

Hari.K

Equipment
06L39tlb, 57Ford640, 49CatD4
Jun 17, 2009
St Croix NB Canada
Don't know if you guys have TSC out there, but they have a Farm Implement Enamel by Serif Coatings of Mississauga Ont. Number 2299, Chalmers Orange is a perfect match for Kubota

Hari.K

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Here's a different set of homemade forks. Mainly used for picking up logs. If the pictures come thru.. The other is a modified single plow that i used to split the ground to run cables and air line underground.