weak bx1500d

resqjason2

Equipment
bx1500, bx2200
May 26, 2009
aurora, il
started using a bx1500d with the 54" mower deck. it seems to have no power and bogs down with simple lawn mowing. it has fresh oil and air filter. have not changed the fuel filter and i am unsure of previous maintenance on this machine. i have a bx2200 and it just powers thru grass of any height with somewhat dull blades. the 1500 has new blades. hydraulic fluid is full and clear with a fresh filter on. any suggestions?

resqjason2

Equipment
bx1500, bx2200
May 26, 2009
aurora, il
did all the other maintenance items. greased everything, belt looks good, changed the fuel filters. there was some gunk in the fuel line. the motor runs good now but the tractor still lacks power. it dosent want to climb even a mild grade and im getting a loud squealing noise when under power that comes from the hydraulic pump/rear axle area. should i worry about the hydraulic pump being shot or should i just change the fluid and see if that makes it better. thanks for any info you can give me

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Can't hurt to change the oil!! when you have it out ( the oil that is) remove and clean the suction screen (lower left rear of machine, follow suction tube down the rear of the trans to "banjo" remove bolt from that fitting, it has a screen on it.) Shouldn't be much on it but you never know! If there is a failure inside you'll see metal filings on this screen. drive shaft couplings on the front of those trans. have failed, can make a noise like you describe, but usually for just a short while then you have no drive at all! I don't think these couplings like the vibration of the two cylinder engine.
Ed

Redstart97

Equipment
BX1500, FEL, York Rake, Plow Blade
Jun 11, 2009
Gasport, NY
After reading this post, I am curious as to what the problem was. Did changing the fuel filter solve it?