OK I lied, the b7200 is back.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I sold my b7200 and figured I would never see it again. But the fellow who bought it put a rear mower on it and the tractor will not pull it up the hills, and these are not very steep hills.this is in high range. The hydrostat was never that powerfull in my opinion but it always did what I needed it to do. So anyone have any cures for a sluggish hydrostat.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Vic. Yup new filter cleaned both screens new oil. I have ordered the two screens on the bottom, they are not expensive, I have heard that that they can build up crap that won't come off with a normal cleaning.But when I go to pick them up I will try to get some testing equipment. Advice on that would be welcome as well. I have kubota, Ariens, Cub Cadet,and john deere, But the yard will become more orange as time goes by. I don't buy new and I generally buy stuff that needs work. I don't buy tractors to sell.I buy tractors to use. Myself my son and my soninlaw do some landscaping, grasscutting etc. Well they do the work. I do sell the odd tractor if I upgrade like I did with the b8200.But I think the B8200 is permanent even if I buy bigger. It is just so versatile and powerfull for its size. All this stuff we do is a hobby/extra money and we really enjoy doing it. I think we are changing the name to Non Profit Landscaping.:D

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Like Vic said it's pressure test time. New filter new screens new fluid.Pulled the cooler and it was partially plugged. By passed the cooler with a hose drove it around for maybe 10min. The by pass hose was barely warm. It does however seem to work the motor harder in hi range. It will climb a set of 8in stairs in low range 4wd at half throttle, but will not climb a 20 degree slope in hi range at half throttle. The only thing I have to compare it to is the B8200 and it has no problem with the slope in high range. I am hoping to find a test kit with a couple of gauges and hoses and fittings. I know they are out there , I just haven't found one yet. I can put one together by buying everything seperately but I imagine it will cost a lot more than a kit. Any input is welcome.Thanks Guys.:confused:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Vic. At a $2200 touch my 7200 will be visiting my local Kubota dealer. I am interested in working on the hydrostat but I would not have enough work to justify that kind of expense. And I won't mess with other peoples equipment, so ,its off to Kubota. I Wish you guys were a bit closer. I have no problem taking stuff to a shop, I just like doing things myself. Thanks again Vic.