fuel tank leak

wingsound

Equipment
BX1800
Jun 29, 2010
Skaneateles NY
If I fill the fuel tank on my BX1800 the fuel leaks very slowly out around the steel disc with wiring attached, under the left fender. I haven't yet taken it apart but it looks like a white plastic washer and a black rubber gasket that would seal the connection.
I have just been filling the tank about half way and it doesn't leak at that level.
Anyone else experience this and know what the solution would be?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
If your tractor is older than 55350 there is a new gasket (kubota call it a stay) to correct this problem.
The part number for it is K2561-96140
Service bulletin was AG032-02 in Canada
Ed

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
:Dwingsound cant beat that for a answer eserv jumped all over it even with part number. Dont you just love this site. Way to go eserv. handy

wingsound

Equipment
BX1800
Jun 29, 2010
Skaneateles NY
Ed- thats a big help thanks.... I assume you are talking about the serial number? Mine is 5A257, how does that correlate to the 5 digit number you listed?

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
There is a revised fuel sender kit you can install that uses a different style fastener to retain the sender in the tank. After I installed a couple of these kits I havent seen any of them leak again.

wingsound

Equipment
BX1800
Jun 29, 2010
Skaneateles NY
I picked up the kit mentioned on yesterday at the dealer, got home last night and slid the tank out- it already had the replecement kit in it! I replaced it anyhow and used permatex gasket sealent, let it sit overnight and put fuel in it this morning. I think it still leaks though- I mowed all day with it and the fuel gauge still says over half full so I dont think that's working right either.
It's a bit of a project to get at the fuel tank so I dont look forward to doing it again...... looks like I will be though. I will probably refuel it first and double check to see if it is leaking (and where).
BTW, the kit I removed had one rubber o-ring on each of the five (or six) little bolts whereas the new one had two rubber o-rings on each.

wingsound

Equipment
BX1800
Jun 29, 2010
Skaneateles NY
Well I filled the tank today I still have a leak at the fuel gauge assembly. I took it apart, cleaned it up and tried it again and it still leaks. I watched it carefully as I filled the tank and it looks to me like it leaks between the steel plate and the white plastic disc.
Anyone have any ideas what I might try to fix this?