Bent the backhoe

jimnosweat

Jun 30, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Borrowed a neighbor's B7100. Used the back hoe and front loader to take out my driveway and load chunks into a dumpster. Apparently a pin holding the hinge for the BH bucket came out and the hinge separated on one side while under load. I only noticed when I saw the stainless rod part of the cylinder was bent. The bracket that holds the hinged part, shaped like an "H" is also twisted. I don't know the proper nomenclature, sorry. Don't have a manual either. Can I repair this by bending the rod and bracket, or do I need to find the two parts. I have found a back hoe only manual on-line. Thanks for any advice or info.

gasanders

Apr 13, 2010
oakton, va
So called "H" bracket can probably be heated, reshaped then repainted. Cylinder shaft probably needs replaced...a trip to a good hydraulic repair/overhaul shop will handle the damage!

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I agree.... been there and did that:eek:
Butch

jimnosweat

Jun 30, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Son-in=law's brother-in-law's dad own and runs a machine shop that has been in business since WWII making big things like parts for ships and stuff. The latest is he will cut off the knuckle, weld on a new cylinder and twist the other part back into shape. Not sure if I'll paint it. Wouldn't want to disturb the patina.

Gredal

Equipment
R410 Loader with Backhoe and Forklift Mast
Aug 25, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
I assume you have already done the repari...but for what its worth ...If the part (H) is mild steel then straightening will not be a problem although the pin that dropped out will probably be misaligned unless the straighten part is line bored....the hydraulic rod is heat treated and ground ...I would not risk straightening or cutting/welding this component since it is a precision component and will wear out seals (at best) or snap off at the reweld joint (at worst).

my 2cents