B7100 bogging down

RetiredMP

Equipment
B7100
Apr 19, 2018
Cross Plains, TN
Hello all, I am new here and have a question. I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I could not find it if it has.

I have a Kubota B7100, Late 90's model. It ran fine last year, but tried to use it twice this year and have had the same problem. It starts and runs fine, but after about 15 to 30 minutes it acts as if it is starving for fuel and bogs down, even when sitting at idle. If you wait 30 - 45 minutes it will start back and run fine then happens again.

Any suggestions. I have changed the fuel filter and re primed the injectors, changed the HST filter and checked oil level. Changed the oil and air filter.

I am getting some out put from the anti freeze overflow.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Retired MP. Thanks for your service.

I had a similar problem once they switched the diesel fuel around here to biodiesel. I had to treat each tankfull with Bio-Cide to kill the algae. You can also get algae in regular diesel if it sets long enough.

Are you originally from TN? I am from Clarksville.

Last edited:

RetiredMP

Equipment
B7100
Apr 19, 2018
Cross Plains, TN
Thank you, i have a feeling it is in the fuel system somewhere. the fuel is from last year so that is a possibility I did not think of. I used staybil in it but you never know

Deuce

Equipment
2016 B2650, 1977 B7100
Aug 8, 2015
New Jersey
May sound weird but see if it continues to do it if you leave the cap off the fuel tank.

Not sure on the 7100 but I've seen some gas motors (especially generators) where the vent on the tank was bad and it would cause the tank to over pressurize to where fuel would not flow via gravity. But after time the pressure would bleed off and they will run again

RetiredMP

Equipment
B7100
Apr 19, 2018
Cross Plains, TN
Welcome to the OTT forum Retired MP. Thanks for your service.

I had a similar problem once they switched the diesel fuel around here to biodiesel. I had to treat each tankfull with Bio-Cide to kill the algae. You can also get algae in regular diesel if it sets long enough.

Are you originally from TN? I am from Clarksville.
Yes, I am from Madison, but moved to Robertson County years ago

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you use sta-bil for diesel?

Because what you are describing sounds like fuel contaminated with gasoline, or Sta-bil for gasoline. ;)

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you changed the fuel filter was there any water or black sludge in there?

Jrwca

Equipment
B7200 HST D, 1640 front loader
Oct 6, 2017
Hebron, OH
I've been going through the same issue with my B7200.

I've had some success bleeding air out of the fuel system, but the issue is not completely solved. I still have the issue in colder temperatures and believe I might have done water in my fuel.

I'm draining the fuel and putting fresh in with hopes that it does the problem.

B7200 HST-D

RetiredMP

Equipment
B7100
Apr 19, 2018
Cross Plains, TN
I've been going through the same issue with my B7200.

I've had some success bleeding air out of the fuel system, but the issue is not completely solved. I still have the issue in colder temperatures and believe I might have done water in my fuel.

I'm draining the fuel and putting fresh in with hopes that it does the problem.

B7200 HST-D
That is my plan this afternoon is to drain the fuel and replace with new. I am also going to check the vent to make sure it is not causing pressure that keeps the fuel from flowing to the pump.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If it is a metal tank there may be rust inside the tank. My L185 had rust and would stall out. Mine was so bad very little fuel would come out of the line into the fuel filter- unless you blew back through the line into the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RetiredMP

Equipment
B7100
Apr 19, 2018
Cross Plains, TN
That is my plan this afternoon is to drain the fuel and replace with new. I am also going to check the vent to make sure it is not causing pressure that keeps the fuel from flowing to the pump.
Well, ended up draining the tank and fuel lines. Had trash around the filter I had just put in. Cleaned the tank out and blew lines out. Fresh fuel, and ran like a top. Will see tomorrow when I finish the yard.