50 hr UDT change question

L3700SU

Equipment
MX5800 HST w/1065FEL & teeth, WOODS PRD72 finish mower, Bauma Stumpblaster
Feb 16, 2011
Mercersburg,Pa,USA
Ok, I did the 50 hr. maintenance last Sunday. MX5800HST
Read owners manual and could not find a diagram on drain plug location. (Have since found it).
Anyhow, I pulled the lowest and only drain plug I found and only got about 7-1/2 gallons out of it. Pulled both filters and got a little more but not the 11 gallon capacity manual said it had. I put on new filters and refilled. I've since run the tractor for about and hour so what oil I didn't drain out is well mixed with the new. BTW, used Super UDT this time. The magnet had the normal amount of tiny metal dust on it expected with a new tractor break in. The oil itself wasn't dirty by any means.
My question now is, should I open the plugs at the brakes and the recessed allen screwhead plug I found in front of the tranny and drain a couple gallons to get any sediment out of those areas? Should I forget about it until 200 hr service? Should I buy 7-1/2 more gallons (still have 5 gallons) and drain it all again?

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The only thing I can say.....if you got S-UDT in there...I would not drain that anytime soon! Was that S-UDT or the S_UDT2? either or ......let it do the work for a while. If you are a little concerned......change the filter(s) more often until you reach that 200 hour mark.

L3700SU

Equipment
MX5800 HST w/1065FEL & teeth, WOODS PRD72 finish mower, Bauma Stumpblaster
Feb 16, 2011
Mercersburg,Pa,USA
the only thing i can say.....if you got s-udt in there...i would not drain that anytime soon! Was that s-udt or the s_udt2? Either or ......let it do the work for a while. If you are a little concerned......change the filter(s) more often until you reach that 200 hour mark.
s-udt2 $$$

Just change both filters at say 100-125 hrs? like that Idea. Thanks

Last edited: