BX25D throttle lever returns to idle

niteshiftfromkc

Equipment
BX25D
Apr 11, 2016
South KC, MO
Hello all,

I have been visiting this site for a few months now. I have gotten quite a few ideas from all of you fine folks, but haven't been able to find the answer to my question.

I purchased a new BX25D a few months ago after renting one. I have 50 hours on the new rig, did my 50 hour service at 35 hours and have just started experiencing the throttle lever not staying at the RPM that I set it to. As I am operating it, the lever seems to go back to idle speed. I saw on different models that there is an adjustment nut to tighten, but I don't know if that's the same on the BX. If it is, what is the easiest way to get to it. Do I have to remove the dash panel or what? Are there any pictures or video of how to do this?

Thanks for the help.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Remove the black screen/cover just under the dash (where the battery is located). Once it is removed you can easily see where the throttle lever connects to the throttle cable. There is a double nut there that puts friction on the lever so it holds its position (Nuts #2 in lower picture). Loosen the lower (lock) nut and tighten the upper nut a little so the lever holds it position. Then snug up the lower nut and put cover back on and your done.
Good luck

\

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not exactly sure what you need to remove to get to it, but it's just a matter of loosening the bottom 2 nuts, tightening the top nut to feel on the lever then locking the bottom nut back down.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
"Not exactly sure what you need to remove to get to it,"

CB and you nailed it ;)- it is a cover screen that basically keeps debris out of the radiator that is mounted towards the operator. One large "nut" and the whole thing slides forward for easy access to that and the battery:)

niteshiftfromkc

Equipment
BX25D
Apr 11, 2016
South KC, MO
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it would be a pretty easy place to get to. Hopefully I will be able to get to it tomorrow as it is raining out right now.

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
+1 for the nylon lock nut. Just did mine last night and the double washer nuts they put on don't hold worth a darn. And to find a thin enough wrench to get between them is crazy.

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
I have some Park tool wrenches for bicycle sprocket removal that are about 3/32" thick.

Nylon lock nut all the way...and while you're at...replace the ones on the backhoe controls, too...they'll loosen up and fall off sooner than later...

-Mac

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have some Park tool wrenches for bicycle sprocket removal that are about 3/32" thick.

Nylon lock nut all the way...and while you're at...replace the ones on the backhoe controls, too...they'll loosen up and fall off sooner than later...

-Mac
Also the front end loader control linkage.

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Of course these guys have it correct - it's a very simple fix if you have a set of smaller tools. When I got my BX2360 used, the guy had the throttle lever so tight it almost required the hand of God to increase/decrease revs (I was surprised it hadn't broken off in his hand! :eek: ). A quick search revealed the fix and I was back in biz with a MUCH EASIER TO MOVE lever :)

jbjlock26

Equipment
BX25D, Filled Rears, 54" MMM, R2 Mfg. 3" Edge Tamers w/12" Edge Extenders
Sep 23, 2016
Dillsburg, PA
Thanks guys, just had this problem at 4.5 hours. Quick easy fix!

John in PA

sean0852003

Equipment
Kubota BX25D. Backhoe with mechanical thumb. 4in1 bucket. 8â€￾ trenching bucket.
Apr 19, 2018
Tomewin
Thanks niteshiftfromkc for posting the question and thanks countrybumkin for the perfect answer. This happened to me half way through a job today and I thought that was it until my first service. A quick google sent me here and less than 5 minutes later I was back up and running! Legends!